Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

any idea of US price and when i can order one of these? i heard like 2K and may above but I'm hoping i could get one before the semester ends...
    originally i was hoping for 8-10 hours battery (non-gaming) but we'll see what the reviews look like...
    Last edited by Sieg131; 03-12-2015 at 10:52 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sieg131 View Post
    any idea of US price and when i can order one of these? i heard like 2K and may above but I'm hoping i could get one before the semester ends...
    originally i was hoping for 8-10 hours battery (non-gaming) but we'll see what the reviews look like...
    I would say 2.2k for the FHD version and 2.5K for the 4K version. Correct me if I'm wrong Asus.

ROG Member Array L00K3R4 PC Specs
    L00K3R4 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus RoG Crosshair V Formula
    ProcessorAMD FX-6300 (3,3Ghz)
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 32Gb (4x8)
    Graphics Card #1MSI N560GTX-Ti 1GB
    Sound CardAsus RoG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorAG Neovo (L-W24) (dual)
    Storage #1Crucial MX200 256GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda, 3TB, 7200RPM
    CaseCorsair Obisidan 800D
    Power SupplyCorsair GS800
    Keyboard SteelSeries Shift
    Mouse SteelSeries Sensei
    Headset SteelSeries Flux in-ear
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries Qck+
    Headset/Speakers Philips SPA9350/10
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 / Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by esfomeado View Post
    I would say 2.2k for the FHD version and 2.5K for the 4K version. Correct me if I'm wrong Asus.
    Close! According to PCWorld and others it will be $2.000,- (Source: PCWorld, Tomshardware, Engadget).

--Edit--
    In the Netherlands the laptop will be €1.900,-... let's hope that is incl. 21% VAT. (Source: http://tweakers.net/nieuws/101901/as...m-en-960m.html)
    Last edited by L00K3R4; 03-13-2015 at 07:36 PM.
    Need to concentrate... I'm playing Age of Empires III!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Anandtech has a set of specs for it: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9080/a...gaming-laptops
    Graphics is the GTX 960M with 4GB of DDR5. So, first generation of Maxwell for the GPU with a little clock bump for the GTX 860M. Oh well, not really even close to being able to properly render games at reasonable settings at the display's native resolution.
    Last edited by danjw; 03-13-2015 at 10:32 PM.

New ROGer Array

Is there a touchscreen option for the G501? Initial reports indicated that there would be touch and non-touch options, but non of the recent reports mention a touchscreen. Actually, I saw one that said that there was no touch option. If that's the case, I'm much more interested in the UX501, or even the NX500 as there seems to be no news about the UX501.

ROG Member Array

I think the marketing mistake here is them calling this a 'gaming laptop'. Without a doubt, this is the nicest ultrabook on the market today but it is geared more towards the working professional than the gaming market.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyKillBot View Post
    I think the marketing mistake here is them calling this a 'gaming laptop'. Without a doubt, this is the nicest ultrabook on the market today but it is geared more towards the working professional than the gaming market.
    I will agree with you. It´s a really beauty laptop and it have some gaming power but its more a multimedia laptop.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    Hey...so what is the difference between the ROG G501 and the Zenbook Pro UX501 (other than looks/colors)?? Specs look EXACTLY the same to me.

Do they have the same cooling? Same weight and size?

They have the same battery size but does that equate to the same battery life (6+ hours)?

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrab...ook_Pro_UX501/

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by yungone11 View Post
    Hey...so what is the difference between the ROG G501 and the Zenbook Pro UX501 (other than looks/colors)?? Specs look EXACTLY the same to me.

Do they have the same cooling? Same weight and size?

They have the same battery size but does that equate to the same battery life (6+ hours)?

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrab...ook_Pro_UX501/
    Seconded. Would like to know the exact differences when it comes down to picking one.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by esfomeado View Post
    I will agree with you. It´s a really beauty laptop and it have some gaming power but its more a multimedia laptop.

You can play DOTA 2 at 4K at Medium settings Are you going to tell 800k people they aren't PC gamers? It's a PC exclusive and by far the most popular game on Steam. Same as Minecraft gamers- predominantly PC, and huge YouTube community there. Civ 5 looks nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by danjw View Post
    Anandtech has a set of specs for it: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9080/a...gaming-laptops
    Graphics is the GTX 960M with 4GB of DDR5. So, first generation of Maxwell for the GPU with a little clock bump for the GTX 860M. Oh well, not really even close to being able to properly render games at reasonable settings at the display's native resolution.

It's not for FPS gamers, but RTS/MOBA/MMO is a huge portion of the Steam most played list and this will be great for those games. Running it at Full HD is also fine because the pixels are so small they equal the same size as those on the Full HD panel, so the scaling effect is identical. So, run games at Full HD then benefit from 4K for productivity. After all as PCGMR we have the benefit of choosing our res, not like the console peons And yes, it's "pseudo-professional/semi-workstation", but any premium gaming-centric products falls under ROG for us.

There's no touchscreen option.

There's currently not much internal differences between UX and G, externally they differ. Prices should be same for same spec. The have the same battery and battery life when picked with identical specs. Obviously if you change a HDD or SSD or spec 8G or 16G this will give slight changes in battery life.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast