Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

I just looked at the UX501 specs. How exactly is it different than the G501? Unless it's going to have a different GPU, it looks pretty much the same as the G501.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by JG61265 View Post
    Probably right dan. The long wait continues...I know what George RR Martin fans feel like now.
    Hah, George R. R. Martin fans don't know half of it, Patrick Rothfuss is much worse. ;-)

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ocho50711 View Post
    I just looked at the UX501 specs. How exactly is it different than the G501? Unless it's going to have a different GPU, it looks pretty much the same as the G501.

It appears to also have a wonderfully small num pad jammed in there just to disappoint those of us who were waiting for the original GX500 AND got our hopes up since the UX isn't part of the ROG series and therefore the chances of finally getting a non-num pad machine were higher...

My search for a 15 non-num pad machine with >1080p display -

1. Asus GX500
    2. Asus GX501
    3. Asus UX501

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ocho50711 View Post
    The specs will be the same or the UX501 will have a 950M and the G501 will have a 960M.
    Apart from that the difference is the color.

New ROGer Array

Since this will be a gaming computer, I really hope they'll find a way to put a 970m in there without frying our laps. I don't think a high price point for such a laptop would make sense if it had anything less than a 970m.

ROG Member Array

If i'm reading the specs for the ux501 i don't think it has nvidia anything.

i'm waiting to see if the g501 is going to be a good replacement for my g75vw (with upgraded memory and a samsung ssd).
    it's getting a bit... old... to lug around this laptop and not have the battery to take notes in college without being attached to the wall.
    i'm hoping with the g501 i can get the best of both worlds, smaller lighter form, slight improvements on all fronts spec wise, and a longer battery life.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sieg131 View Post
    If i'm reading the specs for the ux501 i don't think it has nvidia anything.

i'm waiting to see if the g501 is going to be a good replacement for my g75vw (with upgraded memory and a samsung ssd).
    it's getting a bit... old... to lug around this laptop and not have the battery to take notes in college without being attached to the wall.
    i'm hoping with the g501 i can get the best of both worlds, smaller lighter form, slight improvements on all fronts spec wise, and a longer battery life.
    I believe they are referring to the asus' latest addition, zenbook pro ux501, which colour wise is nothing like the ux501

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by braveboy510 View Post
    Since this will be a gaming computer, I really hope they'll find a way to put a 970m in there without frying our laps. I don't think a high price point for such a laptop would make sense if it had anything less than a 970m.
    Definitely...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by braveboy510 View Post
    Not going to happen.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by esfomeado View Post
    Not going to happen.
    Razer put a 970m in their 14" model, so it isn't impossible. I am waiting for the specs before I make a final decision on what I am going to upgrading to. If the Asus G501 ends up with a GPU that will meet my needs, I may go with it. If not, then I will have to look elsewhere. I am not going to write off a product until I at least know what the specs are.

Anyway, the longshoremen strike is over on the Pacific coast (at least for now, they need to vote on the contract still), so we might even see these getting in to the North American market in the next month or so.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast