Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

It's not that incredible. Not for the CPU which was supposed to be more power efficient than Ivy bridge thus also meaning lower temps. I'm not having any issues with the GPU though. The damn cooling is so good that it only reaches 80C when OC'ed at +135Mhz and 5700Mhz Memory. I dunno, maybe it's because I was used to see maximum temps of 80C on my older G75VW. I was not expecting the CPU to run hotter on this machine considering that the CPU should have been more power efficient and it only has 200Mhz boost difference compared to the i7-3610QM.
    And this is not like a personal problem. There are people with lower temps and people with higher temps for the exact same models. Some actually have throttle issues with it. Now, that doesn't sound like an incredible cooling to me. I'm currently running games on an Undervolted CPU and with lower clocks (3000Mhz for 4x cores) just to keep the temps at a 75-80 average. I'm just thinking on long term conditions, when summer will come and also the dust will build up.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see what happens. As someone already said here on the forums: fk it, let it burn! We have the warranty for that .

I'm sorry for the off-topic Marshall! Seriously looking forward to see this new gaming laptop, although I don't have too big expectations from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arulmani View Post
    Is it going to be based on Intel's Broadwell ?!! Cant wait to see the full specs !!!!!
    Yeah I'm wondering about this too. Broadwell is pretty much the new standard for laptops. Combine it with the 900-series from Nvidia, and we'll have the perfect balance between power and battery-life.
    i5 4670K || Hyper 212 Evo || Maximus VI Hero || Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 || Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB || CM V750S || Asus VG248QE 144 Hz || Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 1600 || NZXT H440 (Black/Red) || Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by NitroX View Post
    It's not that incredible. Not for the CPU which was supposed to be more power efficient than Ivy bridge thus also meaning lower temps. I'm not having any issues with the GPU though. The damn cooling is so good that it only reaches 80C when OC'ed at +135Mhz and 5700Mhz Memory. I dunno, maybe it's because I was used to see maximum temps of 80C on my older G75VW. I was not expecting the CPU to run hotter on this machine considering that the CPU should have been more power efficient and it only has 200Mhz boost difference compared to the i7-3610QM.
    And this is not like a personal problem. There are people with lower temps and people with higher temps for the exact same models. Some actually have throttle issues with it. Now, that doesn't sound like an incredible cooling to me. I'm currently running games on an Undervolted CPU and with lower clocks (3000Mhz for 4x cores) just to keep the temps at a 75-80 average. I'm just thinking on long term conditions, when summer will come and also the dust will build up.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see what happens. As someone already said here on the forums: fk it, let it burn! We have the warranty for that .

I'm sorry for the off-topic Marshall! Seriously looking forward to see this new gaming laptop, although I don't have too big expectations from it.
    That's all summed up with one thing: Haswell.

You called out ASUS' engineering as a reason for skepticism for this laptop - so it's on-topic. ASUS' engineering isn't at fault - as the system works extremely well. Haswell is just a very hot CPU. Try undervolting your CPU by -50 mV (Dynamic CPU Voltage Offset) if you're so worried about the temps that you're seeing that are well within TJMax.
    4710HQ, 980M // 5930K, 980 SC SLI // 4930K, 980 SC // 4770K, 290X Lightning // 1pcent.com

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    Oh my, that's gorgeous!

Just hope it's done right - Decent screen, no serious cooling issues and a good GPU (not a 980m, but a 970m perhaps, or at least a 965m)

@Marshal - will this be available to buy in the United Kingdom on release?

ROG Member Array

I hope they offer the 1080p screen model (which I would prefer - lighter, draws less power, avoids Windows scaling issues, and has a matte screen) with 16Gb RAM and a 512Gb SSD, why do some manufacturers assume that just because you don't want a 4K touch screen you want to nerf the memory and storage too?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BigDRim View Post
    Or a 965m? I thought it was released but i haven't seen any laptop with it yet.
    The 965M is better than the 960M, right?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Metalogic View Post
    The 965M is better than the 960M, right?
    We don't know as 960m is not out. But according the name, it should be.

ROG Member Array

*drooling*

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by CumBoat420 View Post
    Soooooooo could you maybe just computer-whisper a price point? or could you confirm or deny secretly to any of my guesses: 1700, 1800, 2000? I'm just going to be gettin an asus super soon, but I'm trying to hold on for the G501 if it's not too expensive. It looks like a beast.
    I suspect, if the price of the NX500 is anything to go buy, that it'll be around that price range in UK pounds sterling I.e. US dollar price more than this...

ROG Member Array

I sincerely don't hope it is a 965m, since it is anywhere from 35% to 40% slower than the 970m according to notebookcheck.
    And their direct competitor Razer blade got an upgrade to the 970m. So it should be also possible for the Asus to handle this.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast