Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sargatanas View Post
    Same here - only FHD Versions available in Germany, guess we also won't see the ones with larger Batterie...
    I would prefer UHD, but I actually could live with FHD if I had to. The 96 Whrs battery on the other hand is a must. I really hope they will sell it in Germany.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Guess not - like we also didn't get the G751jy with 4860hq

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sargatanas View Post
    Same here - only FHD Versions available in Germany, guess we also won't see the ones with larger Batterie...

Don't understand why we cant have the FHD version, along with the option of the larger Battery, and the 512 gb SSD (rather than 1 TB 7200 rpm).

4k display has so many scaling issues especially adobe products.
    Last edited by J82; 04-22-2015 at 03:56 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by drntropy View Post
    Hi Marshall,

First time poster, long time reader. I was wondering when Newegg's exclusivity agreement will end? I don't see anyone else selling the laptop right now and I do not wish to buy it from them. Thanks.
    Weird, it was listed on hidevolution and xoticpc.com for awhile and they both disappeared. Wonder if they got ticked about the exclusive launch. Kind of a screw job to other retailers and customers that don't want to use newegg.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by J82 View Post
    Don't understand why we cant have the FHD version, along with the option of the larger Battery, and the 512 gb SSD (rather than 1 TB 7200 rpm).

4k display has so many scaling issues especially adobe products.
    The nice thing about UHD is, that it is exactly 4 times FHD, so you will always be able to switch to FHD and it will still look great if you run into any problems. It even displays 1280x720 very well since this is exactly 1/9th of UHD.

I need to work and play on my notebook when I am abroad, so UHD / 4k is perfekt for me, because I need the real estate. The large battery is even more important.

Razer made the dumb move to go for a 3200x1800 and there are virtually no external monitors with that resolution so I would have to readjust all windows after connecting. But then again they did not add a DisplayPort and they decided yet again to not enter the European market, Germany in specific. I would have bought it otherwise even though its runtime is not that great.

This one is my last hope for the moment...

ROG Member Array

Can someone shed some light on the specifications of the UHD display in ASUS ROG G501JW-DS71?
    1. Is the UHD matte or glossy? On Newegg's Q&A section, LJ L says the monitor's model number is Samsung LTN156FL02-101, which is glossy. But the product description on Newegg and Asus Store says the display is matte.
      Edit: Marshall said earlier that the screen is matte (Source)
    2. Furthermore, I would like to see lab results of the monitor, and having the correct model number would be very helpful. Laptopmedia.com reviewed the FHD version and said the FHD version is Samsung 156HL01-102. If the ROG G501 UHD monitor has been shipped with other models, then perhaps there already exists lab results to look up.

This laptop may be an upgrade to my Sony svz13114gxx. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by cajun_azn; 04-22-2015 at 09:15 PM. Reason: added cross-reference

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Skjoldur View Post
    The nice thing about UHD is, that it is exactly 4 times FHD, so you will always be able to switch to FHD and it will still look great if you run into any problems. It even displays 1280x720 very well since this is exactly 1/9th of UHD.

I need to work and play on my notebook when I am abroad, so UHD / 4k is perfekt for me, because I need the real estate. The large battery is even more important.

Razer made the dumb move to go for a 3200x1800 and there are virtually no external monitors with that resolution so I would have to readjust all windows after connecting. But then again they did not add a DisplayPort and they decided yet again to not enter the European market, Germany in specific. I would have bought it otherwise even though its runtime is not that great.

This one is my last hope for the moment...
    Yes, UHD will look great on 1080p mode. However, there are still some programs that still have dpi scaling issues even after adjusting the resolution on the UHD monitor.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by J82 View Post
    Yes, UHD will look great on 1080p mode. However, there are still some programs that still have dpi scaling issues even after adjusting the resolution on the UHD monitor.
    How? The actual resolution will be 1080p, the rest is done by the display. Are you sure you don't mean one of those fake resolutions like MBPr uses for 1080p on retina displays?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_azn View Post
    Can someone shed some light on the specifications of the UHD display in ASUS ROG G501JW-DS71?
    1. Is the UHD matte or glossy? On Newegg's Q&A section, LJ L says the monitor's model number is Samsung LTN156FL02-101, which is glossy. But the product description on Newegg and Asus Store says the display is matte.
      Edit: Marshall said earlier that the screen is matte (Source)
    2. Furthermore, I would like to see lab results of the monitor, and having the correct model number would be very helpful. Laptopmedia.com reviewed the FHD version and said the FHD version is Samsung 156HL01-102. If the ROG G501 UHD monitor has been shipped with other models, then perhaps there already exists lab results to look up.
    Well, if G501 got this Samsung panel, it is not the true RBG, but a horrible RGBW !!! It is the same cheap panel used in Lenovo Y50, MSI, Inspiron and other budget notebooks. It has lots of issues like yellow color deficiency and ragged font rendering. In addition, it is not a true 4k resolution, because Samsung counts every 4 subpixels (RG, BW) as 2 separate pixels. As a result, with Samsung panels you get much worse picture quality comparing to 4k Sharp IGZO true RGB panels or even to much lower-resolution retina MacBooks.

I am so dissapointed in Asus! So much fanfare, such long product delays and as a result so mediocre quality... at premium prices?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Uhd View Post
    Well, if G501 got this Samsung panel, it is not the true RBG, but a horrible RGBW !!! It is the same cheap panel used in Lenovo Y50, MSI, Inspiron and other budget notebooks. It has lots of issues like yellow color deficiency and ragged font rendering. In addition, it is not a true 4k resolution, because Samsung counts every 4 subpixels (RG, BW) as 2 separate pixels. As a result, with Samsung panels you get much worse picture quality comparing to 4k Sharp IGZO true RGB panels or even to much lower-resolution retina MacBooks.

I am so dissapointed in Asus! So much fanfare, such long product delays and as a result so mediocre quality... at premium prices?
    I am waiting for some official information. There are too many rumors and guesses already.

It certainly does not help that there are several contradictory facts on different Asus websites. And on the german Asus site you can't even find it although it is available at certain resellers. -- Alas no version with TB, UHD or the 96Whrs battery..

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast