Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sargatanas View Post
    My wife ordered one, arrived yesterday.
    So far the Quality is really good, I do not see such a bending of the Keyboard like in the Review under normal usage/pressure.
    G501JW-DS71 model?

ROG Enthusiast Array

G501JW-CN030H
    mine is a european/german one

New ROGer Array

Do you happen to know if there is any QWERTY variants available in Germany? The one on Amazon seems to be QWERTZ.

New ROGer Array

Hi, I am interested in the G501 however I have a few questions concerning the review from laptopmag:

1. How is real life battery life when doing office work and surfing (no gaming or heavy duty stuff)?
    2. Do you notice the mentioned Pulse-width modulation flickering of the lcd backlight? Is it a real world problem?
    3. How would you rate the built quality compared to an Acer VN7-571g/-591g (if you can say something about it)?

Thank you for your help!

ROG Member Array

Hi all, this review was posted on Amazon, does it have any merit? I'm concerned.

1.0 out of 5 stars 4k screen but it doesn't play 4k video smoothly, technical design failure IMO, April 29, 2015
    By jase
    This review is from: ASUS ROG G501JW-DS71 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop (Personal Computers)
    I don't know about 4k gaming, but you can't even play 4k video on this laptop. What's good to have a 4k screen on a laptop if the GPU doesn't support 4k video playback. Go to Nvidia's website to verify yourself. I'm returning this laptop today. 4k is supported by gtx960, but not 960m. Will not try any more Asus laptop after this one since the product hardware combination doesn't make sense. Try playing 4k video with VLC and it's choppy as hell.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    Do you happen to know if there is any QWERTY variants available in Germany? The one on Amazon seems to be QWERTZ.
    I think most european ones have qwertz, maybe a uk version

New ROGer Array

how much is it?

ROG Member Array

I just read that there will be only one version of the UX501... 4k, but without TB2, without the fast SSD and likely only the weaker battery. If this will be the case with the G501, and it looks like it at the moment, Asus has again lost me as a customer.

Sorry, but such decisions are... beyond reason... to put it mildly.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Skjoldur View Post
    I just read that there will be only one version of the UX501... 4k, but without TB2, without the fast SSD and likely only the weaker battery. If this will be the case with the G501, and it looks like it at the moment, Asus has again lost me as a customer.

Sorry, but such decisions are... beyond reason... to put it mildly.
    It's a shame they're unwilling to use the larger battery life. it's one of the biggest selling point for this laptop over its competitors.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ShenLong View Post
    how much is it?
    1399 for the G501JW-CN168H with 8gb ram
    1499 for the G501JW-CN030H with 16gb ram
    other specs are identical

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast