Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

960m... Well it is not that bad I guess. And since Marshall says it has a GM204 architecture ,so it is luckily not a rebrand.
    It's performance should be ~20% faster than the old gens 860m and should be close to the 965m. Which would make it still not that good for gaming, you can basicly play all the new games at ~45 fps on medium-high 1080p.
    It could be a good one, but we would first have to see how the battery and price holds up.
    Cause the nx500 uptime was very disapointing, but it's screen is really good apprently.
    BTW is the Asus 4k screen 60hrtz?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by generalwyt View Post
    960m... Well it is not that bad I guess. And since Marshall says it has a GM204 architecture ,so it is luckily not a rebrand.
    Do you have a reference for that? I could have sworn I read elsewhere that it's not based on the GM204 architecture, and that only the 965M and above were...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Metalogic View Post
    Do you have a reference for that? I could have sworn I read elsewhere that it's not based on the GM204 architecture, and that only the 965M and above were...
    "Yes it's via a USB 2.0 dongle - it's slimmer than an Ethernet port. This is why we provide .ac wireless as it's an ultra-portable.

I'm pretty sure DP 1.1a is wrong though - should be 1.2a (or whatever GM204 supports)" is what marshall said on the pervious page and we can basicly almost say for 90% that it is going to be a 960m. The 965m is already released so that one is ruled out.
    Also on the videocardz table, there is an asterisk before the 960m and lower series to say that it isn't confirmed yet, since it isn't offical released.
    Last edited by generalwyt; 02-18-2015 at 11:06 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by snaiperist View Post
    You can't be so sure - ZenBook UX303's height is 20.00 mm, but it has 2.5" HDD, mSATA and M.2 I bet 2 bucks that G501 is going to have 2.5" + PCIe M.2. And 960M. Cheers
    I would say it's more apt to compare this with the nx500 which is not able to accommodate such a drive, there's just too much to fit into that small space. If you look at the tear down pictures there really isn't anywhere they could realistically cut back without sacrificing cooling or battery

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by dlinfiniti View Post
    I would say it's more apt to compare this with the nx500 which is not able to accommodate such a drive, there's just too much to fit into that small space. If you look at the tear down pictures there really isn't anywhere they could realistically cut back without sacrificing cooling or battery

Precisely. Look at what the Dell XPS 15 is offering:
    - mSATA and a 91Whr battery
    OR
    - 2.5" HDD, mSATA and a 61Whr battery

... so you can choose either the longer lasting battery or the additionnal drive

ROG Member Array

I really hope there will be a variant with the 970m, I don't think the 960m will cut it for 4k...

New ROGer Array

MarshallR@ASUS,

Thank you for proving info!

I had some questions if you’re able to answer them. I was planning on buying the Razer Blade 2015, but holding off.

1. Will the RAM on the G501 be soldering to the motherboard?
    2. Will you guys have space for more than one PCIE SSD?
    3. Since you guys have pictures, do you have any info on dimensions?
    4. Any idea on the dimensions on the power brick?

Thank you again!
    Last edited by gobi von bear; 02-22-2015 at 02:37 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Just a thought, but maybe they are waiting for a mobile version of the G-Sync board. That would explain the unannounced Nvidia product.

ROG Member Array

@Marshall@Asus does this thing have the new SM 951 or the older XP 941 like in the NX500

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by danjw View Post
    Just a thought, but maybe they are waiting for a mobile version of the G-Sync board. That would explain the unannounced Nvidia product.
    No need for a G-Sync board in a laptop. DPe provides Adaptive Sync, this is what the current 'beta' or hacked drivers are using.
    Last edited by joshindaphils; 02-25-2015 at 01:34 AM.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast