Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

https://facebook.com/rognordic

Asus ROG nordic just posted pictures of the insides of the g501. Looks like it has a HDD/ssd?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by joshindaphils View Post
    No need for a G-Sync board in a laptop. DPe provides Adaptive Sync, this is what the current 'beta' or hacked drivers are using.
    Cool I hadn't heard about that. Just looked into it and it appears it is a leaked driver: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...-mobile-g-sync

But the updated release driver could still be what they are waiting for to release the G501.

ROG Member Array

I've been shadowing the forum for the GX500/G501 release info for a few months now. I'm guessing there won't be any important updates til the March xxth nVidia announcement?
    Last edited by JG61265; 02-27-2015 at 11:11 PM.

New ROGer Array

Does this mean that the gx500 is abandoned?
    Also, the gx500's keyboard looks cleaner, why is there a need for the num pad in the g501? :S (I think most people don't use the num pad much while gaming anyway)

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kessho View Post
    Also, the gx500's keyboard looks cleaner, why is there a need for the num pad in the g501? :S (I think most people don't use the num pad much while gaming anyway)
    Yes the gx500 is abandonned. As for the keyboard, I can remember people were complaining about the lack of numpad on the GX500... Can't make everyone happy I guess

New ROGer Array

Why is there a Number Pad where's my NumPad less 500???

I agree it's a bit disappointing to wait half a year for a product to find out it will never be coming out....

and the KICKER...

The updated model is significantly different. I had been searching for a non-num pad centered keypad/trackpad in a 14"-15.6" with a decent GPU in it, and was impressed by the GX500 with it's lack of crazy lighting or racing stripes and lack of a scrunched num pad, but decent gaming specs and a lightweight design.

I suppose i'm a bit disappointed because had i known the GX500 would turn into a num pad machine i would have purchased the Razer Blade, a rMBP, or the NX500.

So now that i know the product i was waiting for has an added number pad and thus off-centered keyboard/trackpad, is there any other laptop i should be considering?

This WAS my consideration list:

1. Asus ROG GX500
    2. Razer Blade (14" 970m gpu)
    3. Apple rMBP (15" 860m)
    4. Asus NX500 (15" gtx 850m)

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by generalwyt View Post
    https://facebook.com/rognordic

Asus ROG nordic just posted pictures of the insides of the g501. Looks like it has a HDD/ssd?
    Models with HDD have standard battery. Models with PCIE SSD only have extra battery.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Quote Originally Posted by danjw View Post
    Cool I hadn't heard about that. Just looked into it and it appears it is a leaked driver: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...-mobile-g-sync

But the updated release driver could still be what they are waiting for to release the G501.
    It's alpha actually; a lot of features are missing. Mobile G-Sync is many months away from release.

By name, yes, by technology - no, it's the G501, which, yes, now has a number pad.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    By name, yes, by technology - no, it's the G501, which, yes, now has a number pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by kelsett View Post
    Yes the gx500 is abandonned. As for the keyboard, I can remember people were complaining about the lack of numpad on the GX500... Can't make everyone happy I guess
    But there are already so many laptops with num pads. The only ones I know without the num pad is the 13" zen book models which quite frankly lacks in power due to the ultra low voltage cpu. And asus recently announced the zenbook pro ux501, which has similar characteristics to the gx500. But.. Has a num pad as well which pains me

Quote Originally Posted by reardoma View Post
    I agree it's a bit disappointing to wait half a year for a product to find out it will never be coming out....

and the KICKER...

The updated model is significantly different. I had been searching for a non-num pad centered keypad/trackpad in a 14"-15.6" with a decent GPU in it, and was impressed by the GX500 with it's lack of crazy lighting or racing stripes and lack of a scrunched num pad, but decent gaming specs and a lightweight design.

I suppose i'm a bit disappointed because had i known the GX500 would turn into a num pad machine i would have purchased the Razer Blade, a rMBP, or the NX500.

So now that i know the product i was waiting for has an added number pad and thus off-centered keyboard/trackpad, is there any other laptop i should be considering?

This WAS my consideration list:

1. Asus ROG GX500
    2. Razer Blade (14" 970m gpu)
    3. Apple rMBP (15" 860m)
    4. Asus NX500 (15" gtx 850m)
    Heh. Ikr. The off-center trackpad just bugs me. I guess its going to be another long waiting game ):

ROG Enthusiast Array

Anyone can please tell me when it's going to be the Nvidia presentation?

Thanks and regards

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast