cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greenish glow, bottom left hand corner for G751 - Normal?

kevtapia
Level 7
Hey guys, I just purchased and received a brand new G751JY from BestBuy.com However, as soon as I received it today I booted it up and noticed that when the screen is black (booting up, restarting or the screen is black with the backlight turned on) there is a pretty big area on the bottom left hand corner where the color of the screen is greenish yellow. I attached some pictures to give an idea of what I'm talking about. I want to know if this is also a problem that other people have been having as well as if I should return it. It's very distracting and am wondering what I should do about it. Is this normal or am I just going crazy? In the pictures, it's clear that whether or not the light of the room is turned the greenish tint is very noticeable. Lol. I'm noob at computers so any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Kevin
9 REPLIES 9

Jlieu
Level 7
Send to RMA. change a new panel.

arc08
Level 7
l have that same glow. You're lucky yours only have 1 lol. How long does Asus take to repair problems and send the laptop back?

arc08 wrote:
l have that same glow. You're lucky yours only have 1 lol. How long does Asus take to repair problems and send the laptop back?

They will probably change the whole unit instead of repairing this one.

As for the thread starter, that's an ugly IPS screen bleeding you've got there mate. You should definitely return this product and try to test the next model if you're going to buy it from a seller in your town. These backlit bleedings are very common issues among G751 owners. And yours is one of the ugliest I've seen by now.

d0r1n
Level 7
i had the first one like that,the hinge is presing on the display and is factory defect...the normal bleed is acceptable,but yours has to be returned and changed

kevtapia
Level 7
Thank you to all. I've managed to get Best Buy to process the order for an exchange. It just sucks that now we have to play the waiting game. lol.

d0r1n
Level 7
if u have just bleed when is dark in the room that is acceptable,but if u have bleed that u see in the daylight thats RMA

d0r1n wrote:
if u have just bleed when is dark in the room that is acceptable,but if u have bleed that u see in the daylight thats RMA

It is nice to see such comments, otherwise i would think that everybody here send any LCD screens they get to RMA ^^

BigDRim wrote:
It is nice to see such comments, otherwise i would think that everybody here send any LCD screens they get to RMA ^^

Hmm, not really. Many of the bleeding issues on the G751 are caused by poor manufacturing finishes. This meaning that the hinge is either making too much pressure on the display or they are not making enough pressure on the display. I've had the first model which came with a slighty bleeding in the left corner and I clearly noticed that was something wrong because when I pressed on the hinge just below the bleeding area, the bleeding was much reduced. So, yeah, it was worth going for an RMA (there was also other problems, not just the slight bleed ... I'm not that fked up). Now, I've got myself one display without any bleeding (or the bleeding is so big that I can't even distinguish it O_O :)) ).

Good luck with the RMA Kevtapia !

NitroX wrote:
Hmm, not really. Many of the bleeding issues on the G751 are caused by poor manufacturing finishes. This meaning that the hinge is either making too much pressure on the display or they are not making enough pressure on the display. I've had the first model which came with a slighty bleeding in the left corner and I clearly noticed that was something wrong because when I pressed on the hinge just below the bleeding area, the bleeding was much reduced. So, yeah, it was worth going for an RMA (there was also other problems, not just the slight bleed ... I'm not that fked up). Now, I've got myself one display without any bleeding (or the bleeding is so big that I can't even distinguish it O_O :)) ).

Good luck with the RMA Kevtapia !

Of course there are problems i was just lightly saying that nobody will get a LCD screen without bleeding at max luminosity in the dark...