cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J750jm blue tint after startup

Skullzero7
Level 7
When I start up my computer, the screen is a little bit bluer than normal. After I sign in and I get to the desktop, it goes back to normal after 5 seconds. Is there anyway to fix this and is anyone else having this problem? I have the g750 jm with a gtx860m.
5 REPLIES 5

Darnassus
Status Under Review
That is Asus Splended Display changing your screen color with a filter.

Type in the search bar 'Splended' and have a fiddle around with the settings, or completely remove it from 'Add / Remove programs' if you don't like it.

I like to give my screen an orange tint so my eyes don't get sore on the whites.. eventually your brain will be tricked into thinking that the orangy white IS white, so everything looks normal. It's pretty neat, give it a try.

Personally I do not like blue, makes my eyes worse.

By the way. You can change the filter between blue and orange. However 'Theater' mode makes it green!

Removing the splendid utility made it worse, now it won't change to the normal tint from the blueish tint. I've reinstalled it again because when I ran games without it, the screen would go blueish again. Is there something wrong with my particular laptop?

Skullzero7 wrote:
Removing the splendid utility made it worse, now it won't change to the normal tint from the blueish tint. I've reinstalled it again because when I ran games without it, the screen would go blueish again. Is there something wrong with my particular laptop?

Most find uninstalling the splendid utility works for them.
Yes, do as @beatc said, change profile there in color management.
Go to the "advanced Tab" in color management, then change all settings to "System Default" (See below).
Then you can uninstall the splendid utility

GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Skullzero7 wrote:
When I start up my computer, the screen is a little bit bluer than normal. After I sign in and I get to the desktop, it goes back to normal after 5 seconds. Is there anyway to fix this and is anyone else having this problem? I have the g750 jm with a gtx860m.

Hi Skullaero7,
Delete the Asus Splendid Utility, that should fix your issue.
That Utility is not that great IMO, the color plans are really off to me.
Either the color plans are too "blue", or too "Orange/Red"
I deletes the Asus Splendid Utility from all my Asus NBs.

Hope this helps you my friend?
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

beatc
Level 7
reinstall splendid then go to Color management and change the profile there, after that, you can then uninstall splendid