cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX color issue

Jassper
Level 7
New here and a proud owner of a new G74SX, so far I love it - except one little issue.

The color yellow seems to have just a tint of green to it and Green has a ting of lime to it, or just extremely bright and white pages like in Word have a slight blue tint. Doing things like surfing the net all colors look good including white.

All color adjustments I have tried make the rest of the colors look flushed. So I'm thinking that maybe I am just way too use to my older G50 screen looking to pale.?.?

I have read a few forums about yellow in Windows 7 being too bright, but all the color adjustments I tried from those post had no effect. all I can do is lower the brightness down to just under half.

Anyone else notice this or do I have a bad display?
4 REPLIES 4

dstrakele
Level 14
You did try Windows 'Display Color Calibration" - correct? I would think you could use this utility to adjust color saturation to make them less 'vibrant' and make white warmer to eliminate the bluish cast.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Yep, thats what I tried first, but all you can do there is adjust the gama and balance. I can't reduce just one color, or am I missing something?

Games look incredible by the way.

380mcn
Level 9
do you have any pics? i could be drivers, adobe gamma, leaking light..

Jassper
Level 7
Thanks for the response guys, but the more I work with this Laptop the more I think it is a non-issue and it's just me. Yesterday I used it all day through work and it really looked good. Then I booted up my old G50 and the colors there looked really pale and white pages had a peach tint. Yellows looked Orangy-ish.

But just in case, here are some comparisons between my new G74 and my Old G50;
new1
new2
old1
old2

This is my company, Royale Phoenix Inc I carry the logo on my desktop full screen, the feathers on the bird is what got me thinking they looked greenish. And also the yellow text on my circuit board layouts look neon-greenish but I think that is because I am not use to such a vibrant screen and all the green and red lines crossing each other.

thanks