cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New at asus ROG model G73SW-Ty28Z(Problems)

Bruno_jo
Level 7
Hi,
Im the new owner of an Asus G73SW-Ty28Z.
So to start i bought it at a secund hand store in france for 350 euros with an addictional 18Euros for 18 months warranty.
I think it was a cheap and very good opportunity. The pc is all fine on the outside but i'm seeing some problems that i would like to solve with your help.
The pc have a problem with the keys W, S, Z, X and the touch pad is, i think, not right too a bit laggy perhaps.
So i'm thinking of doing a clean intall of windows 7 and put on it all the recent drivers.

Can you please tell-me if the keyboard needs a replacement (Hardware issue) or if its a simple software issue, because if i press (hard) on the key W the other work for an instance. Also if you have any program to run some tests to see if everything is OK with CPU, GPU, Grafic Card etc etc i would like to thank you all a lot, i bought it 3 days ago and i have a week to test it, if its not ok i can retorn it.

Many many thanks in advance...
1 REPLY 1

G53SW-A1_16G
Level 7
Hi Bruno_jo and welcome to the family!

First off, if you did really get the G73SW at that price you say (350), then let me say it is an unbelievable price you got!!!

I used to have the exact same problem with some keys myself, actually in that same area.
Mine were S,W and a few numbers. Of course, I've had it for a while now.

Eventually, i replaced the keyboard and that solved it permanently.

Although i cannot guarantee it 100%, it is most likely a HW problem.

I would recommend you, to take it to an ASUS authorized dealer/shop and have it replaced.
Unfortunately for you (because of the cheap price you got the laptop), your keyboard (like mine) which is back lit, costs around 80-100 euros.
Mine cost that much with the shipping (100).

Alternatively, you can always use an external usb keyboard (if you have it sitting on a desk usually)

BR,
Eros