Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The G751JT does definitely not have a touch screen. I don't think that any of the G751 models do, actually. As for the trackpad, I don't think that you can change the sensitivity. It does have a kind of acceleration feature though where it becomes more or less sensitive depending on how quickly you move your finger across it.

Also I would shop around a bit before you buy. I purchased my system at retail price for $1960 CAD, whereas I remember it being a few hundred dollars more at Best Buy.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok, thanks for the advice. I will definitely shop around. Don't quite have the cash yet to buy one, but I am getting close. Just waiting for someone to buy the last of my nitrous setup I had on the last car I sold.

This was the G751JM on display at Best Buy - it did have a touch screen, I was surprised. It says on the site it has an HD LED Touchscreen when you go to display.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-17-...&skuId=8618931

EDIT: But I think they may have it labeled wrong. Because it looked like a G750 series computer. Like I said, the vents in the back were black and not red. BUT strange enough it had the aluminum plate on the lid like the G751s and the light up ROG symbol on the lid as well.

They definitely have it listed as a G751. All that I can say for sure though is that my G751JT-DH72 has certainly not got a touchscreen. There are many, many different models on the other hand, so maybe that one does.

I can definitely recommend the Asus ROG line to you in any case, this being my third system from it. There have been some issues with the G751's, but just be prepared to RMA the unit if you get a bad one. Like I noted before, I myself had to submit an RMA on my first G751. It was pretty disappointing, but ultimately not a big deal. Some people on here have had to RMA two or three units.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by ReeveJ View Post
    They definitely have it listed as a G751. All that I can say for sure though is that my G751JT-DH72 has certainly not got a touchscreen. There are many, many different models on the other hand, so maybe that one does.

I can definitely recommend the Asus ROG line to you in any case, this being my third system from it. There have been some issues with the G751's, but just be prepared to RMA the unit if you get a bad one. Like I noted before, I myself had to submit an RMA on my first G751. It was pretty disappointing, but ultimately not a big deal. Some people on here have had to RMA two or three units.
    Me being one of those ..

Anyway, the JT model DOES NOT come with touchscreen - It's only the JM model.

There is also a difference in the way they look; The G751JM doesn't have the red fans etc. and it's a bit slimer.

The G751JT and G751JY are the ones with the red vent system, they are also slightly thicker - This being said, if you decide to get a backpack for your laptop, make sure you get the ASUS Nomad backpack (it's the only one that can actually fit the laptop + all your extra equipment).

I had to sent in my JY model for RMA twice duo to various things that wasn't working .. Atm. everything is running like it should, but I'm still waiting on getting my SSD replaced .. They somehow managed to ruin it doing the RMA (without replacing it).

As for now, I'm happy with the G751JY, it's a slightly better GPU .. But overall it's the same laptop.
    I would still go for the JY model if you can afford it.
    The King of the north!

ROG Member Array

If you're looking at the G751, definitely got with the model with at least GTX 970 if you intend on gaming at least a little. I think the G751JM comes with 880 right? I think I saw the G751JT at BestBuy was on promo for $1750 (might still be). That's the online price in the US. I would definitely buy it at BestBuy if they can match online stores.
    I researched laptops that would last a few years just like my old one did, so obviously a good processor and a GPU that will be able to perform for at least 2 years and last for 2-3 years more. I know not to expect too much from a laptop GPU. I'm a light gamer, and most of my usage on this laptop will be for music production, so obviously the 16gb RAM - upgradeable - makes me happy and last at least 4 years considering most softwares I use run well with 8gb now. SSD is really important and available on the G751JT version. I tested mine some more with softwares I will use daily and I really like it. It does feel sturdy and durable. Hopefully, if you buy it, you get a good one (:

BTW, it's definitely not touch screen.

The important thing is to know what you want to do, research what you need to be able to do what you want to do for the next few years, look at your budget and see how much you're willing to pay. I honestly cpuld've gotten a cheaper laptop for what I need to do NOW but decided to invest a bit more to not have to do this again soon.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks Sagi. Do you have the Nomad backpack? I had a few questions if so. Does the waistband clamp and straps come off or are they always behind your back if they aren't clipped around you? Also are the zipper pulls metal or plastic? And is the pouch where the laptop goes soft? I read somewhere someone asking a similar question about a different backpack because some would wear away at the rubbery like finish on the laptop or something.

Niki1x, I think I am looking for the same as what you were. Maybe not what I need now, but what will hold up for the future before I get another laptop down the road. I definitely will be getting a G751JT if I get an ASUS. Don't want to go any lower, and a JY is a little too high.

Edit: Does anyone know if the Ogio Renegade RSS 17 backpack will hold a G751?
    Last edited by A Deviant Hero; 02-07-2015 at 08:22 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I will get back to you on that one.. I have the ASUS Nomad backpack .. But I haven't used it yet

I decided to buy it after trying out a few other backpacks - None of them were able to fit in the G751.

You might be able to find a good review of the backpack @ youtube .. At least that's what I did.
    The King of the north!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yeah, I checked youtube but nobody has answered if the zipper pulls are metal or if the waist strap can be removed or if it just stays there. I haven't watched every video, so I may have missed one that did answer it. But thanks for checking for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2