cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750jm Stuttering issues

Basedmatic
Level 7
Hello, recently I tried playing Battlefield Hardline Beta and noticed some pretty low frame rates from the game even when I ran it at 720p and low settings I made sure that the game was running on the 860m through the control panel and still I get really low frame rates on the game. I also noticed stuttering from watching youtube video's and also when I move the mouse to certains places it lags a lot.At first I thought it was my nvidia driver so I uninstall it then reinstall it after I restarted my computer but I'm still having stuttering problems btw my laptop is the G750jm. Any kind of help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

kobby2k6
Level 7
you have to manually go to the nvidia control panel and make sure it is set to use the nvidia card. I played it an hour ago and noticed it defaulted to the integrated GPU ( the intel) and had to change it to nvidia myself. The game runs smooth on my G750JM. the shortcut to set it to the nvidia card is to find the battlefield hardline exe in the orgin games folder in the programfiles (x86) folder. right click the exe and choose "run with graphics processor" and choose "change default graphics processor" and change it to nvidia and click "apply" and you are good to go.

I did do that and the game still ran like a slideshow..hell I couldn't even run it cause it always crash on me and I had to restart the computer. I'm starting to think that my driver's are messed up cause when I play a game like Serious Sam HD it runs flawlessly for a couple of mins then out of nowhere the framerates start to plummet.

Basedmatic wrote:
I did do that and the game still ran like a slideshow..hell I couldn't even run it cause it always crash on me and I had to restart the computer. I'm starting to think that my driver's are messed up cause when I play a game like Serious Sam HD it runs flawlessly for a couple of mins then out of nowhere the framerates start to plummet.

I played it for an hour when it originally came out and it never crashed on me. I deleted it because it's just like BF4 to me and I'm on the latest driver update btw. I recommend installing the latest drivers from nvidia's site and making sure to do a clean install so it wipes any settings you currently have for your GPU. I had a similar issue with frames dropping some time ago after a certain driver update and I fixed it by doing a clean install of the latest nvidia driver at the time.

Here is the link for our GPU..

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/81392/en-us

kobby2k6 wrote:
I played it for an hour when it originally came out and it never crashed on me. I deleted it because it's just like BF4 to me and I'm on the latest driver update btw. I recommend installing the latest drivers from nvidia's site and making sure to do a clean install so it wipes any settings you currently have for your GPU. I had a similar issue with frames dropping some time ago after a certain driver update and I fixed it by doing a clean install of the latest nvidia driver at the time.

Here is the link for our GPU..

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/81392/en-us

My solution for this is I move my mouse rapidly and then it stops the stuttering. but it is still annoying.