cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving RAID0 Volume from ASUS ROG IV EXTREME

a2919261
Level 7
I have used the built-in RAID on the motherboard (Intel controller?) to create my RAID 0 volume, and I now wish to move this volume to another, newer motherboard. I assume I'll need a separate RAID 0 card, as the new motherboard don't necessarily have built-in RAID0 or even the same configuration. I really dont wish to lose all my data. Anyone knows of such a RAID 0 card that would work with RAID volumes originally built with the ROG IV Extreme motherboard?
4 REPLIES 4

philly_cheese_s
Level 8
What board are you getting? Just seems like you should have delt with this prior to removing the drives, you need to some how create an image if the new board doesn't have the RAID option. In that way you'll still have the volume just not the raid 0, and all info is intact still.

a2919261
Level 7
The drives aren't removed yet and they are still in use. I should have clarified. However when and if I make the move, I need some safe way to transfer the volume to the new motherboard without losing all my data.

a2919261@rmqkr.net wrote:
The drives aren't removed yet and they are still in use. I should have clarified. However when and if I make the move, I need some safe way to transfer the volume to the new motherboard without losing all my data.

Here's a link I use, I have never done it so I can not give advise....
http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/drive_cloning_imaging.html

BOLTS4BREKFAST
Level 12
Pretty easy...
1) Create raid image using Acronis True Image. I've done this before using a USB 3 external drive.
2) Move drives to new board.. Setup raid.. This will format the drives.
3) Boot up Acronis and clone the copy you made to the new raid array.
NZXT Phantom 820
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
NZXT HALE90v2 1200w PSU
Intel i7 3960X OC'd @ 4.7Ghz
Corsair H100i (Push/Pull)
MSI GAMING 4G GTX 980
16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz
2 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
2 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
SoundBlaster Z PCIe Sound Card
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
Sennheiser PC360 Headset