cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RMA experience

Sagi
Level 7
I first preordered my G751JY back in October month - However, it kept getting postponed for about 6 weeks.

When I finally got it, there was several Things wrong with the laptop:

1. Screen was bleeding
2. Key's was stuck @ the keyboard (they din't fit like they were ment to)
3. CPU and GPU was running close to 90C constantly
4. There was a strange noise from the GPU fan
5. Random Black screen @ Reboot or just normal bootup
6. Screws holding the the SSD/HHD caddy was stuck / broken
7. Lose touchpad + touchpad keys
8. Sound was only coming from the sub

So.. After just a few days I returned it for RMA.

I waited and waited, but nothing happend - I there contacted my reseller and told them about this. Once the reseller they had been in contact with ASUS and LetMeRepair, they told me why nothing had happend doing those 3 weeks of waiting.

LetMeRepair had been waiting on a new screen; which is fair enough I guess.. But 3 weeks of waiting for spare parts? COME ON?!

ASUS therefore agreed to replace it with a brand new G751JY - I was very pleased and had my hope set on getting a laptop that would be in top shape this time!

Sadly it didn't take me long to discover that this laptop also had a lot of issues. Some of them were similar to the previous one, and some of them was new. I therefore had to RMA it once Again.

This time the repair didn't take as long, it actually took less then 1 week.. I was really amazed by that ..... UNTIL I GOT IT BACK.

When I shipped it off for RMA, I removed the standard HDD, since there was no point in that, duo to the OS system being on the SSD it came with.

A few days after they recived it, they sent me a mail regarding something "outside of the warranty" which turned out to be the missing HDD. I just turned it Down and said no thank you, cause I already had it - I didn't really give it anymore thoughts to that.

When I got the laptop back, I noticed that they swapped my SSD from the SATA 3 port to the SATA 2 port. I couldn't really understand why they had done that.

And when I tried to boot up my laptop, it couldn't find the bootmenu; So I tried to swap it back to the SATA 3 port where it original was placed at.

This didn't do the trick either.. So I had to swap it out with my own SSD and then try to reinstall from a USB backup I had - This did the trick. However.. The SSD that came with the laptop was DEAD, I tried EVERYTHING. It didn't show in the BIOS or anywhere else - I later found out, that the reason they offered to sell me a new HDD was because the SSD wasn't working.

I called ASUS and LetMeRepair to hear what they had to say about this.

ASUS's response was "You will have to sent it back for RMA Again" .... SERIOUSLY WTF?!

LetMeRepair's response "This unit does not come with a SSD as standard" .... AGAIN... WTF?!

So once Again, I had to contact the reseller and explain them about this extremely poor service they had provided me.

After a few days, the reseller told me just to return the SSD and that they obviously had no clue about what they were doing, since they didn't even fix this while it was in for RMA (they knew the SSD was broken, but didn't even check, if it was something the warranty should have covered)

So now I'm waiting for them so sent me a new SSD - The laptop seems to be working fine atm. I only had it for a few days now, so I can't be 100% sure yet.

They replaced the GPU fan, heatsink, keyboard layout + the touchpad and they also had to replace the entire backcover of they laptop.

However, I paid nearly 3000$ for a laptop I had to return TWICE ..On top of that I experienced a terrible service level from both ASUS and LetMeRepair.

It's been a total of 2½ weeks with this laptop, despite I preordered it in October and received it in the end of November.

For many years I have had ASUS laptops and always been happy with the product; But this is going to be my last one.

I'm so dissapointed with this experience and the quality of the laptop .. This is not worth 3000$ .. Not even close!

I seriously hope ASUS shapes up and realises just HOW BAD they have gone with this model.
The King of the north!
3 REPLIES 3

Sagi
Level 7
Small update - I'm still waiting on my SSD (estimated time is around 1 month from now) and I just discovered, that there is a red dot (pixel) on my screen .. Which means I'll have to sent the laptop back for a 3rd RMA.

This is really making me sad 😞
The King of the north!

rogdood
Level 9
That's sad to hear. Maybe you should return it for good and find another reseller...

Boaz_Beatz
Level 7
I sent my laptop back broken screen got instruction to put the laptop in a box then that box in another box and send it to them so i did took them 1 and half month to get the screen part then i got ot back open it and i was wondering why it was sent in only a tiny small box instead of 2 boxes like tthey instucted us to do so i open the box and there is a big scratch that goes into the case screen you know the side of the glowing icon this happend cus they sent it in 1 box so asus blamed the driver company even when asus sent it in 1 box with no protection so i had to talk to both asus letmerepair and the driver send pic to all as a proof and there is also abit bleeding on the screen wont send it back for that cant be botherd its been 2 weeks and they are not done yet even when they made that big scratch get ur **** together