cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Loop....

Edwin452
Level 7
Hello. I have a ASUS Rampage V Extreme motherboard that worked fine!
Recently, I replaced the harddisks and now Windows 8.1 won't boot anymore from the SSD !!!???
The problem is the BIOS is ALWAYS loading when I reset....
I tried to disable the harddisks, load setup default the BIOS etc BUT the BIOS keeps loading !!!

Can anyone help please??

Thanks in advance!!
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152
Hello Edwin452

Have you set your ssd with the os on it as the first boot device?

Yes, sorry that's not the problem!! And I forgot to say I just flashed the latest BIOS update too. But I got no error message or so. Just the BIOS keep always loading automatic..

Nate152
if it's booting to the bios that would indicate there is no os installed on your ssd.

Before we replaced the harddisks everything worked fine! And we never touched the SSD. Once again, the SSD is the first bootable device
It's a very strange problem.... With other motherboards when no OS is installed you always get an error!! But there is NO error here! Just the BIOS keeps booting?

Nate152
All right try this:

Remove your new hdd's from your system and only boot with the ssd that has the os on it. If it boots, shut it down and add one hdd then try booting.

Edwin452
Level 7
Hmmm thanks again for your help!!!! 🙂 But we tried that already but no luck! Just the BIOS keeps BOOTING like you press DEL... That's the reason why we post a message here. Because we don't know anymore what to do...

Chino
Level 15
List your complete system specifications as detailed as possible. Also specify the models of the previous hard disks you replaced and the models of the new ones.

Nate152
As Chino says listing what drives you have might help us help you better.

When it boots to the bios what code is the motherboard showing?