Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"00" code, CPU led is on, not booting up

tygrysex
Level 7
Hi
Sorry for my English.
In December 2014 I bought parts for a new build (every part brand new). It worked perfectly until last weekend. The pc frezez in idle and did not boot up again (no bios access). The Asus Formula VII shows on the mobo display 00, and the CPU led is on. I did restet the bios, i took the whole computer apart and put it back together - the same problem. I did get today a new PCU from Amazon, becouse of what the motherboard indicates, but still the same. When I took out the memory and turn on the computer - silence, no sound at all. Now I starting to think its the motherboard. I try to contact Asus support, but every time I try to send, its says "cannot be empty" dont showing what is empty, but Im 200% sure everything is correct. When I call them and get to "motherboards" i get a auto massage "for support go online" and it hangs up 😞
I dont know what to do....

My rig:
CollerMaster Cosmos II
Asusu Maximus Formula VII
4790k + Coolermaster Nepton 280L
G Skill Trident X 2400 32GB
EVGA GTX980 Classified SLI
Seasonic P1000 1000W
SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512GB x2
13 REPLIES 13

Nate152
Hello tygrysex and welcome

You need to rma your motherboard, have you tried this phone number?

1-812-282-2787

tygrysex
Level 7
Sorry, i forgot to tell, Im from the UK

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Qcode 00 is the first step in the post process so that isn't a good sign. My first mb failed for no reason so I understand your frustration. I would definitely rma it and get a replacement.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

tygrysex
Level 7
Ok so i contacted Overclockers UK (the shop where I bought the mobo), they say to send the mobo to them to test and when its broken they send it to ASUS to rma... So I did... and they tested it and its working fine 😕 Bofore I get it back, the next thing I can imagine was broken is the PSU, so i borow a PSU from my friend and was waiting for the mobo to return. I put the pc back together (the second time), while the extension cables was still conected to my psu I thoud: what the hell, why not to try it.... and its working 😕 Im confused... I did took apart the whole pc apart and it did not help, what was diferent now? The PC is working fine but I still cant stop thinking that something is wrong 😞

Nate152
If the code on your motherboard is showing A0 everything is fine.

Good to see you're up and running !

Retired
Not applicable
Did you retest your own PSU after you tested your friends one? It could be something simple as a loose cable or one that wasn't plugged in.

Is the PSU modular? If so you could try alternative cable, if not modular, then one of the cables could be damaged. If you do need to get a new PSU I would recommend getting a modular PSU!

Costas
Level 10
Also make sure that you don't have any shorting between the motherboard and your case when it is installed in the case. Check all your standoffs etc.

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Also double check and make sure that all connectors are fully seated and the clip is locked. Check cables to make sure that each pin is fully seated in each connector. Sometimes they will come loose and back out of a connector and if this happens replace the cable if you can otherwise replace the ps.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

tygrysex
Level 7
- The mobo shows now A0
- But after it all hepens I did take the whole pc aparta and put it back together... it did not help then
- I did not come to the part of pluging my friend psu, I just put it back together on my old and give it a shot and it works
- I have a modular psu + silverstoone extensions cables (but i even try it without them and nothing)

I only hope its all gone now and will not come back...