cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M7H Problem with Intel ME

Pandur
Level 10
Hi.
I just got a new M7H and it's giving me a hard time. I'm unable to install the Intel ME software in Windows 8.1. I just get a "This platform is not supported" error from the installer.

So after reinstalling Windows 8.1 a couple times and trying out the latest UEFI firmware versions available I noticed that in the UEFI Main tab it says; "ME Version: N/A". I attached a screenshot of this (ignore the BIOS version, this is identical in 1104, 2012 and 2201). But screenshots I find on Google of the same tab shows a version number there. Any ideas? Should I return it?
Asus ROG G55VW:
CPU: i7 3630QM
GFX: Geforce GTX660M with 2GB ram
RAM: 2x8Gb 2133MHz Kingston HyperX Impact (surprisingly the G55VW uses the 2133 X.M.P. profile)
Storage: RAID0 with 2x 256Gb Crucial SSDs (both msata, one in a sata adapter)
6 REPLIES 6

digmeahole1
Level 10
Pandur wrote:
Hi.
I just got a new M7H and it's giving me a hard time. I'm unable to install the Intel ME software in Windows 8.1. I just get a "This platform is not supported" error from the installer.

So after reinstalling Windows 8.1 a couple times and trying out the latest UEFI firmware versions available I noticed that in the UEFI Main tab it says; "ME Version: N/A". I attached a screenshot of this (ignore the BIOS version, this is identical in 1104, 2012 and 2201). But screenshots I find on Google of the same tab shows a version number there. Any ideas? Should I return it?

What do you mean by the highlighted text above? Did you try and update the ME firmware? If so you may have used an incompatible firmware and it is very hard to flash back... Your bios is showing no ME so you cant install any drivers until you get that fixed. I suggest using bios flash back with the last bios posted for your mb.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.

Pandur
Level 10
Well sadly that's how it was out of the box. That screenshot was taken after I had tried installing Windows 8.1 twice and both times getting that error message while trying to install the Intel ME software. Which prompted me to take a closer look at why it would fail like that. I tried updating the BIOS with the EZ Flash in the bios AND with Flashback after I ran into the problem in the first place, but like you say: when the ME is gone it's not easy to replace it seems.

I did some more digging around after I made this post yesterday and I've now requested to return it to the vendor that sold it to me to be replaced. So I guess that's case closed for now.
Asus ROG G55VW:
RAM: 2x8Gb 2133MHz Kingston HyperX Impact (surprisingly the G55VW uses the 2133 X.M.P. profile)

KotTHECat
Level 10
@Pandur,
This may help. Read the whole first post, especially "C1. Identifying, Diagnosing & Updating Intel ME Firmware"
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro

Pandur
Level 10
Thanks. But it's a bit late for that now. Got a new board being cross-shipped to me while the old one is going back to the reseller. Hopefully the new one will have the ME included out of the box hehe.
Asus ROG G55VW:

I encountered the same issue with my M7R. It just happened out of the blue, then I realised that ME went missing in BIOS. How can I resolve this?

arael79
Level 7
Update: I have resolved it by shutting down the main power to the PSU. FYI to anyone else who encounter the issue.