cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G51JX display problems

Retired
Not applicable
Hello RoG Community,

Since a couple of days a got a very annoying display bug.
Its really hard to describe it, so see it here yourself. I also got this problem at the bios (at the boot e.g.). When I plug in my external display, I dont have those problems on that pluged in Screen, so I dont think its a graphic card problem.

The "style" of the bug changes at every "hertz rate" so I dont get it, what the problem could be. Its really hard to describe that bug, just see it yourself here.

I got the same problem long ago (about 6 months or so) and I fixed it just by shutting down my notebook, unplugging my battery for about 2 hours and turning it on again, but now this solution doesn't work out 😞

I got the 3D Version of the G51 with an Core i7, 8GB DDR3 Ram and a Nvidia GTS 360M (1GB) and a blu-ray drive.

I hope someone of you can help me solving my problem.

sincerely,
Bender

P.S I hope you could read the text, without getting too annoyed by my english skills, 'cause I'm not a native speaker.
4 REPLIES 4

JRd1st
Level 12
You see the way it effects just the bottom falf? I think it means your display is failing for some reason. Especially since it doesn't effect your other monitor. Maybe a loose internal video cable?

Hot old is your machine?
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
At the time the video was taken, (about 20min ago) only the half bottom was bugged, but by now it's on the whole screen. The design of the bug changes form time to time.

My notebook has been built in March 2010, but I bought it as a refubrished on amazon in Feb. 2011.

If nothing really helps, I have to use my warranty, but I'd like to try everthing to fix it before.

The craziest thing, that really makes me thoughtfull is, that I coud fix the problem those 6 months ago with just unplugging my battery but by now it doenst work out.

JRd1st
Level 12
How long is the warranty?
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired