cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im getting frustrated...

Retired
Not applicable
i just got my g73jh a few weeks ago and i feel im drowning in all the things i need to do for this laptop. i have a decent amount of computer experience but im starting to get overwhelmed and frustrated. i did a fresh install of windows and now im starting to regret that. trying to find all these drivers, and all the right ones for my specific model is annoying. and then searching forums on how to install them etc. do they need to be installed in safe mode ex. yes ive seen the driver reference sticky but even that is confusing and a lot of the links download at about 3kbs or dont have descriptions for what they do or what model the are for..... i just wish there was a step by step of what needs to be done on this computer. simple steps.
7 REPLIES 7

JRd1st
Level 12
Well, if you can tell me the devices and Hardware ID's the G73JH needs drivers for, I can get the drivers and add them to my New Drivers sticky. In fact this would help me, too because I want to add the G73JH to that list.

Besides having a warranty and RMA service, Asus really seems to forget about the customer after they get the sale. It's ridiculous the lengths we have to go to just to find out even the most basic things about the notebooks we have; like why are the Wifi cards listed as Azurewave when they are Atheros? How does that help us find drivers? 😕
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
how do i find the hardware id's? in device management?

JRd1st
Level 12
Rightlclick on the device, properties, details, Hardware ID. Just copy everything and put it with the name, ie Realtek HD Audio

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Symb
Level 8
It would probably benefit us all, if all those files would be downloadable in a decent speed 😕 I was upgrading some G74 drivers as well but I changed my mind after the sloppy download speed.
And yet I've not encountered any problems with the drivers that I threw in from the CD that game with the machine.
So I understand the frustration there might be with these well built threads that partially get ruined just because of the "bad finishing touch", which is probably not something that you can blame anybody with.
*** G74SX-TZ226V (European model) | Kingston HyperX SSD 120gb Sata-III
"STOCK" BIOS 202 (If it's not broken, why fix it.) *** <- Sold 😞

Symb wrote:
It would probably benefit us all, if all those files would be downloadable in a decent speed 😕 I was upgrading some G74 drivers as well but I changed my mind after the sloppy download speed.
And yet I've not encountered any problems with the drivers that I threw in from the CD that game with the machine.
So I understand the frustration there might be with these well built threads that partially get ruined just because of the "bad finishing touch", which is probably not something that you can blame anybody with.

Most of the files in my tread are from asus ftp or the device manufacturer. I would use StationDrivers but some people question an alternate source. Though I've used Station Drivers for many years. I knew that fdrsoft, the person that runs SD, virusscans everything and only adds a link to his site into the 7zip he puts the drivers in.

You can't please everybody....

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
what devices do you want id #'s for?

JRd1st
Level 12
USB 3.0
Touchpad
Audio
LAN Adapter
Wifi
Bluetooth
Webcam

The ATK package and chipset software will be the same for everyone.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com