cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a G751JT

gamingjebus
Level 7
Hi

This is my first post here. I'm thinking of buying a G751JT and I have been following the forum trying to find out all the issues with this laptop. I've asked a relative to get it for me from US and I want to inform him of any potential issues that may arise with the laptop. So far I've seen people complaining about

• Audio/ speakers (which has been fixed, somewhat through a driver update)
  • USB port issues - I have read some solutions provided by hmscott that solves the issues for WD ext drives. But some others are still facing issues. So my doubt is if this is a hardware issue which would require sending it back? Or can this get fixed through a bios or driver update?
  • Some members have also complained of screen problems like bleeding.

If anyone would like to add any issues that they face, please add them. I want to make sure that the laptop is in the best condition before I get it.

Also, what are your opinions on ordering from a site like xoticpc.com or any similar site? I won't be going for any external customization but the G751JT does seem to be cheaper there.

Thank you in advance for any comments.
11 REPLIES 11

toronto699
Level 13

gamingjebus
Level 7
Hi toronto699

The G751JY is outside my budget sadly. Did you get any customizations done?

I read in one of the threads that you and another user were misled by the xoticpc people. Here is their link for the G751JT

http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-g751jtch71-p-7791.html

What do you think?

toronto699
Level 13
I trust HIDevolution , the JT is great laptop, you will love it , I upgraded my G751-JY to 3 SSD HD in all but kept the BD DVD as a swapout device . did u check newegg XOTIC PC has good reputation

gamingjebus
Level 7
How long did HIDevolution take to deliver the laptop?

I did check newegg and amazon...xoticpc is offering a 3% cash discount. Thats the only difference. Does buying a customized laptop negate the asus warranty?

And how long do you think the 970m can play the latest games in high graphical settings? I'm just asking for peace of mind..I've been looking over so many laptops and this laptop seems very good for the price..does this laptop have IPS screen? Newegg and xoticpc doesnt mention it but HIDevolution says so. Thought I'd double check.

HulkSmash
Level 8
I got my JT on Amazon, for 7 bucks they did next day shipping for me. Machine working perfectly, no USB issue, no bleeding, and as you've said audio problems have been solved. Also, I don't think I've seen better customer service than Amazon's online and personally either. If you have an issue I'm pretty sure you can return it and get another one.

Again, mine has been working flawlessly and I love it. I even flashed my vbios to overclock and although I haven't pushed it, I've been getting great temps - due to the awesome cooling system- with a slight overclock.

HulkSmash wrote:
I got my JT on Amazon, for 7 bucks they did next day shipping for me. Machine working perfectly, no USB issue, no bleeding, and as you've said audio problems have been solved. Also, I don't think I've seen better customer service than Amazon's online and personally either. If you have an issue I'm pretty sure you can return it and get another one.

Again, mine has been working flawlessly and I love it. I even flashed my vbios to overclock and although I haven't pushed it, I've been getting great temps - due to the awesome cooling system- with a slight overclock.

Thank you HulkSmask for sharing your opinion. And congrats on getting a perfectly functioning beast 🙂 So that's one vote for amazon..I hope I am as lucky as you in getting one without any issues. 😄

This is my first gaming laptop so I don't have any experience with overclocking. Hope I can count on all you guys for some help with it.

toronto699 wrote:
I live in Canada with the upgrades took 1 week to receive from HIDevolution in California , Hidevolution has live chat everyday on their website. 970m good card 3 years my guess for highest end games. IPS yes Warranty both asus and HIDevolution covered for me. if u can get a discount take it . Ive had no issues with the G751 its been around the world with me in my CBC.CA news job and the G751 has taken a liken I must admit in some locations ive been to .

Thank you for answering my questions toronto699. You've been really helpful.

I'll update this thread as soon as I order it.

HulkSmash
Level 8

toronto699
Level 13
I live in Canada with the upgrades took 1 week to receive from HIDevolution in California , Hidevolution has live chat everyday on their website. 970m good card 3 years my guess for highest end games. IPS yes Warranty both asus and HIDevolution covered for me. if u can get a discount take it . Ive had no issues with the G751 its been around the world with me in my CBC.CA news job and the G751 has taken a liken I must admit in some locations ive been to .

gamingjebus
Level 7
Just a quick question...is it advisable buying the laptop from Asus website? Or is it better to order from a reseller like amazon, newegg etc? And will there be international warranty when buying the laptop?