cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ASInsHelp service failed to start" - can u solve it?

volts240
Level 7
So,

I can't get rid of this error in event viewer :

The ASInsHelp service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified. Event ID 7000

I'm sure it's related to AI Suite 3, which I have removed PERMANENTLY!

However there must be a fix ?

In regedit there is a value attached to it , can't delete it though.

Is there a Guru in the House? 🙂

Devils Canyon Intel i7-4970K ~ Asus Maximus Ranger VII ~ 16 GB HyperX Beast ~ Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 - 2280 SSD ~ CPU Cooler Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid ~ PSU: Thermaltake Smart M 850W 80+ Windows Home Premium x64
13 REPLIES 13

Nate152
List me the version of ai suite you had installed please.

Did you run the cleaner after uninstalling it?

volts240
Level 7
You're close enough Guru 🙂

I uninstalled the latest version AISuite3_V10083
however there's a sneaky folder within that folder called: AISuite3_1.00.93

This error has been present many days before I ran CCleaner ..
(which i'd hoped might have solved it for me)
Devils Canyon Intel i7-4970K ~ Asus Maximus Ranger VII ~ 16 GB HyperX Beast ~ Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 - 2280 SSD ~ CPU Cooler Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid ~ PSU: Thermaltake Smart M 850W 80+ Windows Home Premium x64

Nate152

volts240
Level 7
I'm afraid I still get the error , coming shortly after his close buddy:

"The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2"

Infact I got some audio/realtek errors added,
but removed them ,via taking HD audio manager out of start-up

Nate152
If your system is running ok with no problems I don't think I would worry with it too much, you're not the only one that gets that error.

If it's not too big of a deal you could do a fresh install of windows and see if that helps with the error. Keep your software installs to a minimum.

volts240
Level 7
That's the thing Nate152 Windows reinstall , same issue, on both errors
certinaly they are related to Asus either Booster, Suite and/ or Intel Management /Probe Sens
e
there's no way it seems to stop the service or device.

ASUS is big and ugly enough to have developers test these bugs and find solutions.

Its a poor show & how you loose your base !

Appreciate your help bud\

p.s AICleaner won't run again, either via admin privileges or not? Is that normal.
No errors, just doesn't do anything, or report !!

volts240@live.co.uk wrote:
That's the thing Nate152 Windows reinstall , same issue, on both errors
certinaly they are related to Asus either Booster, Suite and/ or Intel Management /Probe Sens
e
there's no way it seems to stop the service or device.

ASUS is big and ugly enough to have developers test these bugs and find solutions.

Its a poor show & how you loose your base !

Appreciate your help bud\

p.s AICleaner won't run again, either via admin privileges or not? Is that normal.
No errors, just doesn't do anything, or report !!

Greetings,

Did you use a registry cleaner or change anything in the Windows registry before the errors started? It seems like something has been corrupted someway. Back up your data, delete and recreate your HDD partition, and then install a fresh copy of Windows. Once done, everything will be back to normal and the computer will be without problems.

I will subscribe to this thread and keep an eye out for your response.

Regards,

Mark
Hi, I have now retired from ASUS support, please refer problems to current @ASUS/cl- usernames.

Nate152
How do you bring up that registry editor I will show you mine . I never checked it before.

Ok I got it what tabs do I click on?

volts240
Level 7
If that's for me Nat
regedit and select FIND from dropdown , type in ASInsHelp and ENTER
registry will search for string and take you to its find(s)
in this case there's just 1 entry in the Root/LEGACY