Did you mean: 

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

kenshinco
Level 7
Hi,
My sys are as follow:
Asus R5E
5960x
G.Skill 3000mhz @ 2133mhz 32gb (4x4gb 2 kits)
Gigabytes gtx 980 g1 in SLI
Evga p2 1200w
Samsung sm951 512gb w/ wins 8.1 pro

Everything default.
I tried to OC my cpu to 4.3ghz with vcore 1.31 and stressed test with Realbench but at the last test it gave "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered." Sometime the monitor got turned off too.

Does this mean i'm having the nvidia driver issue?
I used DDU to removed the driver in safe mode then did a clean install of nvidia 347.52 but the problem still there.

Thank you for your help in advance.
43 REPLIES 43

kenshinco
Level 7
Thank you.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I got that when my vcore was to low try increasing it until the error goes away.

AdamC
Level 10
I got that when RealBench is finishing up. It will crush the display driver.

AdamC wrote:
I got that when RealBench is finishing up. It will crush the display driver.

Then your system isn't stable ether.

AdamC
Level 10
It is stable on everything else including RealBench itself running all day long. Only when finishing up or closing it sometimes will crash the display driver. More like a bad code to me.

My speculation, the display driver has some sort of self recovering mechanism, which most likely is time based. So my theory is if some code halt the driver too long and the driver will think it is a crash, hence initiates the self recovering procedure.

AdamC wrote:
It is stable on everything else including RealBench itself running all day long. Only when finishing up or closing it sometimes will crash the display driver. More like a bad code to me.

My speculation, the display driver has some sort of self recovering mechanism, which most likely is time based. So my theory is if some code halt the driver too long and the driver will think it is a crash, hence initiates the self recovering procedure.

There was a known NV driver bug with Realbench on some GPUs around platform launch - which was patched (previous gen cards would throw an error even at stock settings). I have not tried the 980s, it is very possible they need to patch this again if you get this at stock settings.

Ken's system is using combined memory kits (unless he has removed one kit now) - so he potentially has more on his hands to debug outside this. If you are all getting this at stock settings with DRAM at 2133 Jedec, then NV bug once again.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
There was a known NV driver bug with Realbench on some GPUs around platform launch - which was patched (previous gen cards would throw an error even at stock settings). I have not tried the 980s, it is very possible they need to patch this again if you get this at stock settings.

Ken's system is using combined memory kits (unless he has removed one kit now) - so he potentially has more on his hands to debug outside this. If you are all getting this at stock settings with DRAM at 2133 Jedec, then NV bug once again.

I don't get the problem but I'm running SLI 780Ti's and have run over 24hours of realbench .

LiveOrDie
Level 11
If your display driver is crashing when the test has completed then apart of your system is unstable.