cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker Problems - Help :(

Airbird
Level 7
So I'm having some problems with my speakers. When I close my laptop it makes a LOUD whistle sound intill the computer shutsdown. At first I wasn't sure what it was but after playing around and noticing it was coming from my speakers I muted the sound before closing the laptop and it did not do make the sound....

So now I'm sitting here tryin to figure out what the hell is going on...

any suggestions or links to the same problem?
17 REPLIES 17

Airbird
Level 7
Anyway to turn off the built-in Mic on a G74sx, I tryed disabling recording in control panel but the dam thing seems to still pick up sound. I think that these maybe the problem.

BrodyBoy
Level 10
I don't know if the microphone is the problem, but you can disable it in its Properties window:

dstrakele
Level 14
Did you attempt to enable microphone Noise Suppression in the Realtek HD Audio Manager?

While you are in Realtek HD Audio Manager, is Microphone Boost enabled? If so, try turning it off.

When you make a recording in Sound Recorder, is the sound clear?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

JRd1st
Level 12
Try going into the mixer and turn down the mic volume.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Airbird
Level 7
Still having issues. The mic seems to be on all the time, even when simply moving my laptop around the built-in mic picks up the sound of the laptop moving around. As stated before the worse part is when you close the laptop the load whistling sound coming from the speakers.

Disabling the Mic works, but I use my headset often when gaming so turning it on and off doesn't seem like a solution..

Having my headset plugged in disables the built-in mic and stops it from playing back all sound it picks up but thats not a solution....

Help?

JRd1st
Level 12
Do you want your notebook to stay awake when the lid is closed or to sleep?

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Doesn't matter, I believe it goes to sleep. It will take about 20sec before the whistling stops then you'll hear the fans turn off.

Anyone know if they have a service repair provider in the Milwaukee Area? This is one of many problems I've been having with this thing and it's only 30 days old (tigerdirect only accept 14day returns on laptops already tried)

JRd1st
Level 12
Open your Realtek HD Audi MAnager. I have Microphone set to about 50%, Microphone Boost is on, Noise Suppression is on. Default Format is 16bits, 44100Hz

In Speakers, my volume is set to about 67% , Stereo, No effects, 24bits, 48000Hz

Device Advanced settings Tie up same type of input jacks, selected, the other not.

Compare

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com