cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MOBO now GPU Overheats?

Enderfect
Level 7
Hello sorry if this was put in the wrong section but i did not see a Technical support or help anywhere

Having an interesting issue that i cant seem to fix i just bought a ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard
Before i had a ASUS Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 With the GTX 970 GPU Well my heatsink died on the other mobo and i just got a new case so i traded in my Sabertooth to match the color scheme of my case and lights (Mostly) but now fresh format everything up i go to benchmark and my video card is overheating to the point of throttling this is my third build.. prior to all this on the Sabertooth my 970 Extreme HD Valley benchmark wouldnt even reach 70 now its going all the way to 80

Anyone have a similar experience or know a solution i just got the 780T Case by Corsair 2 140mms intaking from the front 1 exhaust in the rear and a H105 intaking air on the top (My first water cooling exp)

My Old case was a HAF 912 1 200mm intake in the front mostly blocked off by the hard drives... 1 140 intake on the side 1 120 exhaust in the rear and an open top

All help would be appreciated i ran a OCCT Test to Check stability on Full Load 100% CPU 90% ram and 100% gpu for 10mins with the card not being able to get away from 80 degrees which it throttles

Sorry for the wall of text just trying to get as much in
0 REPLIES 0