Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

G751JY Color Calibration to share?

Hey guys. Does anyone here have a good color calibration setting that you wouldn't mind sharing with me? Every day, I find myself fiddling with the display but I can't seem to get the perfect setting for my colors.

If anyone - especially those who use this machine for photography and stuff - has a color profile they don't mind sharing? Please let me know. I would really, really appreciate it.
    G751JY-DH71
    Windows 8.1
    Nvidia GTX 980M 4Gig
    Intell® Core™ i7 4710HQ CPU
    24GB RAM

ROG Enthusiast Array

+1 for this one

ROG Enthusiast Array

bump
    G751JY-DH71
    Windows 8.1
    Nvidia GTX 980M 4Gig
    24GB RAM

New ROGer Array

JerJer123

i sent you PM.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by JerJer123 View Post
    Hey guys. Does anyone here have a good color calibration setting that you wouldn't mind sharing with me? Every day, I find myself fiddling with the display but I can't seem to get the perfect setting for my colors.

If anyone - especially those who use this machine for photography and stuff - has a color profile they don't mind sharing? Please let me know. I would really, really appreciate it.
    JerJer123, I haven't applied what I am going to suggest through on a G751 with the new IPS screen, but I have on G750's with AUO and Chi Mei displays, and hopefully it will help you, at least it is worth a try

The Asus Splendid software is bad, and should be uninstalled, but the package comes with a color corrected ICC profile that works great on the AUO / Chi Mei displays. If you uninstall the Asus Splendid, reboot, and unpack the Splendid installer you should find the ICC profile specific to your laptop / screen.

Here is what it looks like for the G750's, my G750JH specifically - I am pulling the files from the C:\eSupport folder - but I heard that the G751's didn't come with the files - only the manuals - so you will need to unzip an Asus Splendid package installer to get the ICC profile file for the G751:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g750jha icc profile.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	46450

Then you load the ICC profile and go through a bit of configuration to make it default and active:

Name:	Color Management Control Panel - add ICC profile installed from file.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	46451

Name:	Color Management Control Panel - Set Device Profile to ICC profile installed and defaulted.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	46452

There is some useful discussion in these 2 G750 forums, the links discuss working with ICC profiles:

Personal Color Profile for the Chi Mei 173HGE
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post401664

ICC for AUO219D
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post438057

Using Splendid is nothing like using only the ICC profile. I was running without any correction on my AUO screen for quite a while, having used the Chi Mei Profile uploaded before, and found that the ICC profile included with the Splendid package really is quite good - still running with it now.

I hope the ICC profile included with the G751 IPS Splendid ICC profile is just as good, please let us know

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by id10t View Post
    JerJer123

i sent you PM.
    Got your pm, thanks. I tried out your color profile, and I find that the colors tend to be on the warmer side, and the screen gives off a reddish hue.

@Hmscott, I think I found and tried out those default color profiles for the G751 in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color and it seems like they were the ones the laptop was using by default - which I wanted to change. I tried to find other color profiles in the eSupport folder, but I couldn't bump into any. Maybe I'm glossing over a directory or something. On a seperate note, do you know if there's a way to modify the existing color calibration in windows so that I can just edit the existing sliders/settings, rather than having to do it all over again from scratch?

Anyway, I did manage to recalibrate the screen and now my colors and the screen look more natural as opposed to the warmer default look. The only thing that some users may not like, is that I bumped up the gamma a few notches (not by much) because at the default setting, darker details are very hard to make out, so that made a big difference.

If anyone wants to try out my color profile, I went ahead and put it up on google drive, so try it out and let me know what you think of it: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9v1...h6dHdTSk0/edit
    G751JY-DH71
    Windows 8.1
    Nvidia GTX 980M 4Gig
    24GB RAM

Banned Array

Thank you HMSCOTT

So I loaded the profile then did the color calibration and ClearType Calibration. It is better now although nothing mind blowingly different than my previous settings (default)

G751JY Color Profile Download

G751JY Color Profile Download

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
    Thank you HMSCOTT
    So I loaded the profile then did the color calibration and ClearType Calibration. It is better now although nothing mind blowingly different than my previous settings (default)
    pokerface, did you uninstall Splendid first?

What were the choices for the ICC profiles, were there several, or just one? Here is what I see, and only 1 is the correct one for my laptop / screen:

Views:	38 
ID:	46509

There is a definite improvement when applied for me

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    pokerface, did you uninstall Splendid first?

What were the choices for the ICC profiles, were there several, or just one? Here is what I see, and only 1 is the correct one for my laptop / screen:

Views:	38 
ID:	46509

There is a definite improvement when applied for me
    Hey bro, I didn't uninstall Splendid, it wasn't even installed, I did a clean Windows 8.1 installation

Secondly, in the profiles folder, there were just 2, one for the G751JY and the other for the G751JT so I load the one for my laptop.

But I love the colors on this screen though

PM sent to you

Do the upper settings help make the screens more pleasant to watch for a longer time to the people that tried them?
    I seem to have mine with too strong light or something, on my older laptop I had no issues after 2 hours of watching it but here my eyes are killing me. x.x
    I also have a new install of windows 8.1 so no programs or custom settings just the defaults, are the upper settings usable for the G751JT model ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast