cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Color Calibration to share?

JerJer123
Level 7
Hey guys. Does anyone here have a good color calibration setting that you wouldn't mind sharing with me? Every day, I find myself fiddling with the display but I can't seem to get the perfect setting for my colors.

If anyone - especially those who use this machine for photography and stuff - has a color profile they don't mind sharing? Please let me know. I would really, really appreciate it.
22 REPLIES 22

joro_abv
Level 7
+1 for this one

JerJer123
Level 7
bump

JerJer123

i sent you PM.

id10t wrote:
JerJer123

i sent you PM.

Got your pm, thanks. I tried out your color profile, and I find that the colors tend to be on the warmer side, and the screen gives off a reddish hue.

@Hmscott, I think I found and tried out those default color profiles for the G751 in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color and it seems like they were the ones the laptop was using by default - which I wanted to change. I tried to find other color profiles in the eSupport folder, but I couldn't bump into any. Maybe I'm glossing over a directory or something. On a seperate note, do you know if there's a way to modify the existing color calibration in windows so that I can just edit the existing sliders/settings, rather than having to do it all over again from scratch?

Anyway, I did manage to recalibrate the screen and now my colors and the screen look more natural as opposed to the warmer default look. The only thing that some users may not like, is that I bumped up the gamma a few notches (not by much) because at the default setting, darker details are very hard to make out, so that made a big difference.

If anyone wants to try out my color profile, I went ahead and put it up on google drive, so try it out and let me know what you think of it: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9v1gCemp2FQbWc4cDh6dHdTSk0/edit

hmscott
Level 12
JerJer123 wrote:
Hey guys. Does anyone here have a good color calibration setting that you wouldn't mind sharing with me? Every day, I find myself fiddling with the display but I can't seem to get the perfect setting for my colors.

If anyone - especially those who use this machine for photography and stuff - has a color profile they don't mind sharing? Please let me know. I would really, really appreciate it.

JerJer123, I haven't applied what I am going to suggest through on a G751 with the new IPS screen, but I have on G750's with AUO and Chi Mei displays, and hopefully it will help you, at least it is worth a try 🙂

The Asus Splendid software is bad, and should be uninstalled, but the package comes with a color corrected ICC profile that works great on the AUO / Chi Mei displays. If you uninstall the Asus Splendid, reboot, and unpack the Splendid installer you should find the ICC profile specific to your laptop / screen.

Here is what it looks like for the G750's, my G750JH specifically - I am pulling the files from the C:\eSupport folder - but I heard that the G751's didn't come with the files - only the manuals - so you will need to unzip an Asus Splendid package installer to get the ICC profile file for the G751:

Then you load the ICC profile and go through a bit of configuration to make it default and active:

There is some useful discussion in these 2 G750 forums, the links discuss working with ICC profiles:

Personal Color Profile for the Chi Mei 173HGE
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36153-Personal-Color-Profile-for-the-Chi-Mei-173HGE&p=4016...

ICC for AUO219D
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?51699-ICC-for-AUO219D&p=438057&viewfull=1#post438057

Using Splendid is nothing like using only the ICC profile. I was running without any correction on my AUO screen for quite a while, having used the Chi Mei Profile uploaded before, and found that the ICC profile included with the Splendid package really is quite good - still running with it now.

I hope the ICC profile included with the G751 IPS Splendid ICC profile is just as good, please let us know 🙂

pokerface
Level 9
Thank you HMSCOTT

So I loaded the profile then did the color calibration and ClearType Calibration. It is better now although nothing mind blowingly different than my previous settings (default)

G751JY Color Profile Download

ALIENWARE 18 Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ CPU @ 3.8 GHz (8MB Cache)
Graphics: Dual GeForce GTX 780M SLI 2x4 GB GDDR5 RAM
Sound: Realtek ALC668 HD Audio with Klipsch Speakers
Memory: 32 GB Kingston HyperX 1866 MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM
Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB SSD + Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB SSD + Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB mSATA SSD
Screen: Samsung LTM184HL01 18.4" WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display PLS 16:9 1080p [SDC4C48]

pokerface wrote:
Thank you HMSCOTT
So I loaded the profile then did the color calibration and ClearType Calibration. It is better now although nothing mind blowingly different than my previous settings (default)

pokerface, did you uninstall Splendid first?

What were the choices for the ICC profiles, were there several, or just one? Here is what I see, and only 1 is the correct one for my laptop / screen:

There is a definite improvement when applied for me 🙂

hmscott wrote:
pokerface, did you uninstall Splendid first?

What were the choices for the ICC profiles, were there several, or just one? Here is what I see, and only 1 is the correct one for my laptop / screen:

There is a definite improvement when applied for me 🙂

Hey bro, I didn't uninstall Splendid, it wasn't even installed, I did a clean Windows 8.1 installation

Secondly, in the profiles folder, there were just 2, one for the G751JY and the other for the G751JT so I load the one for my laptop.

But I love the colors on this screen though

PM sent to you
ALIENWARE 18 Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ CPU @ 3.8 GHz (8MB Cache)
Graphics: Dual GeForce GTX 780M SLI 2x4 GB GDDR5 RAM
Sound: Realtek ALC668 HD Audio with Klipsch Speakers
Memory: 32 GB Kingston HyperX 1866 MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM
Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB SSD + Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB SSD + Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB mSATA SSD
Screen: Samsung LTM184HL01 18.4" WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display PLS 16:9 1080p [SDC4C48]

pokerface wrote:
Thank you HMSCOTT

Thanks @pokerface for that...
Do you mind fixing the lower text so that it will be written that this is for the JT ? ( mistaken wrote Y instead of T )
Thanks.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]