cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel MEI update

0zzmosis
Level 7
Hello,
I was searching the forum for information about IMEI to find out what it does and stumbled upon an old thread about upgrading this driver or whatever it is. It seemed that the expert consensus was to only use the driver from the ASUS site. Well the whole reason I was searching for information is that I let windows (7-64bit) upgrade the software. Since I don't know what it does, I don't really know what issues to look out for. Is it not safe to let windows update any software/drivers for this motherboard?

Thanks,
David
7 REPLIES 7

Hopper64
Level 15
I don't let windows update anything on my machine except the OS itself. It tries to update video card, sound card, etc. but I don't think this is a good idea at all. It is usually outdated stuff anyway. You may have other opinions on this, but I think this is the safest bet. One of the gurus will chime in on this one to give you a definitive answer on this.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

0zzmosis
Level 7
Interesting. I usually only exclude the video driver updates.

Thanks again for the reply.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Most window drivers are out dated but that doesn't mean they will create any problems when installed. The drivers listed on Asus support page are also out dated just download the lastest drivers from Intel this will provide the best support.

coyi1895
Level 10
I'm still using the same drivers including the MEI from RVE support page. There are some people out there preferred to keep all the drivers updated to the very latest all the time even if they're not experiencing any problems.

Different styles.

What is the latest version of IMEI from Intel as of right now? I've tried to find it on their site, but not having much luck...

ChiefZeke
Level 10
Latest Intel chipset drivers: Intel_inf_10.0.0024_WHQL

Latest MEI: MEI_10.0.38.1036

Both installed here - no problems

Try Station Drivers: http://www.station-drivers.com/
Lian-Li PC-A77F Full Tower case
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200 ATX12V & EPS12V PSU
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79
Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 CPU
Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution
Kingston KHX24C11T3K4/32X (quad 32Gb memory kit) 2 each
ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCUII 3Gb GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (two in CrossfireX Mode)
Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S
OCZ Technologies Vertex 4 SATAIII 6Gb/s 512Gb SSD