cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Happy WIth My G751 So Far And A Fresh Install Did Wonders!

Almost_Tactful
Level 7
Hey everyone 🙂 so happy I went with the 751, the 980 is a BEAST. That being said, I just wanted to chime in what a fresh install did for me in terms of performance. I should have used more tests but, out of the box using the "Valley" benchmark from Uniengine I was seeing a score of around 3400 and 86FPS on Ultra. For that test I litereally opened the box, booted the computer, installed the benchmark and tested it.

Then I decided to do a full format because there was to much crap software to dig through. After I got Win 8 running again I reran the test. I'm now getting around 4100 score and just under 100FPS which is approx a 18-20% gain in performance just from a fresh install. If you haven't done one already, you're throwing FPS out the window 🙂
Laptop - ASUS G751 | 4710 | 24GB RAM | 980M 4GB | Samsung 256GB PCIe SSD | Matte 1920X1080 IPS | Win 10 64
Work - HP 640Z | 6 Core 1650v4 @ 4.0 | 128GB RAM | GTX 1080 | Intel 512GB PCI-E SSD | 7680X1200 (4 24" IPS Displays)
Perifs - Logitech G502 + G933 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Beyerdynamic DT 1770 250 oHm | Schiit Lyr and Bifrost | Everki Black Beacon
My Portfolio Site - www.amorton.com
2 REPLIES 2

Jlieu
Level 7
tell me your USB 3.0 experience, especially left side. test with samsung Note 3 ( USB 3.0 compatible), hard rive or all USB 3.0 MODE devices. And try not to cry. This is the only bug in G751 for me, and all my friends. Hardware is perfect, super cool, fast. but bios suck.

cheers.

NitroX
Level 10
Almost Tactful wrote:
Hey everyone 🙂 so happy I went with the 751, the 980 is a BEAST. That being said, I just wanted to chime in what a fresh install did for me in terms of performance. I should have used more tests but, out of the box using the "Valley" benchmark from Uniengine I was seeing a score of around 3400 and 86FPS on Ultra. For that test I litereally opened the box, booted the computer, installed the benchmark and tested it.

Then I decided to do a full format because there was to much crap software to dig through. After I got Win 8 running again I reran the test. I'm now getting around 4100 score and just under 100FPS which is approx a 18-20% gain in performance just from a fresh install. If you haven't done one already, you're throwing FPS out the window 🙂

Glad to hear that! I've also bought my G751JY with a freedos and I have personally installed the windows and all the drivers and it seems that I don't experience many of the problems that other users have with a preinstalled OS. Maybe ASUS did a crappy job with the installed software as they did with other things when they released this series ...