Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G551JM Intel HD4600 problem- strange noise

mosespl
Level 7
Hello.
I have a really strange problem.
My Intel HD4600 is strangly noisy.
When my laptop is in idle and its showing only desktop i can easily hear from left side of my laptop strange high noise and and strange "bzz" and again high noise. I thought that its nvidia graphics card but i investigate that when i turn off my integrated graphic card there is no sound quiet silence but when i turn on strange noises are coming back. When i turn off my nvidia card noises are sitll persist. When i start any movie on youtube high sound dissapear but still persist "bzzzz" sound like flowing electricity this noise is coming from left side of my laptop.
Is anyone has this problem too? I need to call tommorow to asus support but i dont want to send my new laptop for RMA its second laptop becouse of same situation with previous same model.
Cheers!
4 REPLIES 4

yih_torng
Level 7
it is coil whine

Same problem here on an new 3 weeks old 551JW when i turn off intel hd4600 the buzzing sound is going away.

Corporal
Level 9
The coil whine doesn't affect the longevity, but it's going to stay this way. If you are willing to return it, you may potentially get a quieter model.

ok thanks!
I can return it i have one year Asus reliability. where i can get al my money back and the laptop repaired.
I think that i do that.