cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering on loading screen with G-SYNC 144 Hz

Bal
Level 7
Hello as title explains when I am on loading screen in the game, there is slight flickering of light.

I bought the monitor on 15th Jan so I can still return it within 3 days for a new one.

I just want to know if this flicker is worsening over time. Please if you have such experience let me know, so I can deal with it from now on.

Other than that everything is smooth, so that is something I can ignore. Please give feedback!
Asus GTX 980 Strix OC III Intel Core I7-4790K 4GHz III Maximus VII Formula
Corsair Vengeance Pro Rot 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 MHz III Rog Swift PG278Q

True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
1 REPLY 1

pennyboy
Level 9
Bal wrote:
Hello as title explains when I am on loading screen in the game, there is slight flickering of light.

I bought the monitor on 15th Jan so I can still return it within 3 days for a new one.

I just want to know if this flicker is worsening over time. Please if you have such experience let me know, so I can deal with it from now on.

Other than that everything is smooth, so that is something I can ignore. Please give feedback!

This is normal all G-sync monitors do it, your screen is not faulty and you do need not return it. Its a caveat with G-Sync, I can't remember the actual cause but its got something to do with when frame rates drop below a certain number from memory the screen will flicker slightly. A quick google search and you will find the facts out if your interested.