cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Notebooks - please drop the glowing logo!

usernamed
Level 7
I love the occasional video game, but my laptop has to double as a client-facing work machine. As such, a machine with a glowing red logo displaying 'Republic of Gamers' isn't a valid option. I'm genuinely interested in the upcoming G501, but if there's no way of specifying the machine with a standard 'Asus' lid, rather than something with ROG branding, my options are the Lenovo Y50 update or a Clevo based machine.

It's a shame, but for those of us whose machines have to be dual purpose, we can't consider hardware in overt ROG livery. Being able to specify a toned down exterior appearance would open up potential sales to anybody in a similar situation to myself. Just thought I'd put this out there for consideration.
13 REPLIES 13

BigDRim
Level 7
You can put a sticker on it 🙂

Hostilian
Level 7
That's what I'll need to do too.. (A sticker)

What Do you want? A glowing rotten apple? 🙂

Hostilian
Level 7
'Asus' would do just fine..

NitroX
Level 10
usernamed wrote:
I love the occasional video game, but my laptop has to double as a client-facing work machine. As such, a machine with a glowing red logo displaying 'Republic of Gamers' isn't a valid option. I'm genuinely interested in the upcoming G501, but if there's no way of specifying the machine with a standard 'Asus' lid, rather than something with ROG branding, my options are the Lenovo Y50 update or a Clevo based machine.

It's a shame, but for those of us whose machines have to be dual purpose, we can't consider hardware in overt ROG livery. Being able to specify a toned down exterior appearance would open up potential sales to anybody in a similar situation to myself. Just thought I'd put this out there for consideration.

Most of the G series buyers are quite happy with the glowing RoG logo and I'm counting myself among them. If you do want to get rid of the logo then you could order your machine from a site like XoticPC and ask for a custom exterior finish. This would be more fair considering that ASUS will make the models as the majority demands.

Massivemc
Level 7
I am a gamer like everyone else here, I assume, and we really like that logo and are proud to be gamers so why would we give up on that just for someone who occasionally plays video game? Dude if you need business laptop you are in a wrong place

seeayesix
Level 7
I would also prefer to get rid of the ROG logo, Asus is definitely losing sales by having that there.
I wouldn't use the laptop professionally, but first thing I'll do if I get one is to put a sticker on the logo since I at least try to portray myself as a grown up.

seeayesix wrote:
I would also prefer to get rid of the ROG logo, Asus is definitely losing sales by having that there.
I wouldn't use the laptop professionally, but first thing I'll do if I get one is to put a sticker on the logo since I at least try to portray myself as a grown up.

So, you are ashamed with a sports like looking laptop ? Tell me, are you driving a Prius or a Van ? (Just breaking some b***s over here 😛 ). Though, you know that before they release a new design they usually make some market surveys and if the numbers are in their favor only then they will implement a new thing (like the Red Glowing Logo of Death). But there is always a solution. You could buy at any time a laptop from another producer, or buy an ASUS laptop from the bussiness/multimedia branch. There are lots of stylish models like the N series or Zenbooks which I do like very much but I preferred the performance of this one for the moment.

b-earl
Level 7
I do not get it? Why buy a gamer laptop if you do not have the courage to let anybody see that you are one. Would I professionally meet someone whit a gamer laptop I would at least know that the person knows something about computers. All Gamer laptops from different producers have some sort of gamerdesign so you can recognize it. Usually they are when it comes to the design the opposite of the business laptops