cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newb question but please help if you know ^^ G751 Installing Drivers

RMXM
Level 7
So I havr my G751JT and i went to the asus website to download the drives, problem is that after i install chipset and restart i go to control panel and Programs and Features and nothing is there that should hint the chipset driver installed right.
Do they show ?
Intel management does the same installs but no trace in programs 😕
A simple reply to how to install correctly the drivers would ve highly appreciated thanks in advance 🙂
9 REPLIES 9

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes you have to extract the zip file to a file on the root of your C: create an easy remember lIke Chip and unzip them to that folder.
Use an elevated command prompt and cd/ Chip, that will open the folder where you have the Chipset drivers, so with that folded open
Setup.exe -overall -override and enter you'll see the chip set install open up and you see the inf files being loaded.

cd\ C:
cd\ Setup.exe -overall - override

They will not install from window with out the switched - overall and - Overide. this information is in the Read Me file in the chipset drives folder.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Yes you have to extract the zip file to a file on the root of your C: create an easy remember lIke Chip and unzip them to that folder.
Use an elevated command prompt and cd/ Chip, that will open the folder where you have the Chipset drivers, so with that folded open
Setup.exe -overall -override and enter you'll see the chip set install open up and you see the inf files being loaded.

cd\ C:
cd\ Setup.exe -overall - override

They will not install from window with out the switched - overall and - Overide. this information is in the Read Me file in the chipset drives folder.

Umm where exactly you mean by root? So i have to keep it there like forever or until the install is done?

Oh so each drive has instructions in their folder hmh thats what i get for not reading the folder callled readme lol.
Thanks for the reply. So this is the only way i fo with most drivers ? Like the intel management sound and so on or methods differ?

Chipset are the only one you have to do that way. Goggle or check Utube maybe you'll find a video to show you. If you clean install then first thing after a clean install you can just install the chipset from windows clicking on the .exe file. but after that when you click .exe the installer opens and closes without up dating the inf drivers. When it works you'll see the drivers scrolling by in the installer window.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Well it was a clean install but like I said nothing shows up in Programs and Features about the chipset or Intel Management. Just said it installed after clicking next,next, Finish and reboot. But shouldn't they show in Cp as I said?

I have searched but did not see any Asus drivers related info on how to install these, on some I can't even tell which the exe is 😞

Oh I asked someone else too and they said chipset does not have to show in programs and features so I guess it installed correctly ^^

One more question id have is, isint it better to install the drives from the cd in the box then just download the updated ones and install them over ?

RMXM
Level 7
*bump*

Rares95
Level 8
No, always download online if possible.

Rares95 wrote:
No, always download online if possible.

Thanks for the reply, ok will put away the DVD and try just from the website. Just hope they will install all right 😄

I have also read the readme file from Intel chipset for this model earlier and it is a bit confusing but I'l just do as Clintlgm said or did others just click the exe and worked? do I need to put anything from the extracted folder somewhere certainly ?

Once you have install the chipset you can dump the folder there useless until the next time you clean install windows again.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Once you have install the chipset you can dump the folder there useless until the next time you clean install windows again.

Thanks for the fast replies! 😄 So if it's a clean install I still have to do the commands like you said at first or it should install by just pressing exe?