• SSD Samsung EVO 500Go
• 2 To HDD Western Digital
• Power Supply Seasonic 1250W
• ASUS Graphics GPU R9295X2 Dual GPU
• Blu-Ray Burner
• ASUS Dual Band Wifi AC1900
• Windows 8.1 Pro

The problem is as follows:
From time to time, about once every three to four boot, the PC freezes after about 2 Minutes.

This is what I have tried to solve this issue:
1. Changed the Samsung SSD, as this EVO has some issues, but even after that I still had the same issue. Also UPDATED the BIOS to 1603
2. Reinstalled Windows 8, but even after that I still had the same issue.
3. After reinstalling Windows, everything was fine until I tried to install the VGA drivers, then during the VGA driver installation, the PC kept Freezing, So I figured it was the VGA card, so I tried with another card in PCI Express Slot 1 and still the same issue.
4. So then I tried PCI-E Slot 3 (Which is the other PCI-E x16 on that board), I was able to install the driver, everything went smooth, so I figured it was the PCI-E Slot 1 that had a problem. When the VGA card was in Slot 3 I ran for a few hours the VGA furmark stress test, and the PC was fine.

Now its been about 3 weeks, and the freeze happens again as mentioned before.

Anyone would have a clue as to what I could try next?
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
hello tintin74 and welcome

I see you have 32GB of ram but you don't list the speed, no biggie. Take a look in the bios and see what the cpu system agent voltage is showing. Try raising it a little higher, you may need anywhere from 1.15v to 1.25v.

Thanks for the reply, I will try it out and double check the RAM Speed. Will get back after that.