cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAttlefield 4 + Asus Rog Swift + Asus strix GTX980

Daddy_arcanjo
Level 7
Hello everyone !!!

Recently offered myself a Asus Rog Swift, amazing monitor but only 1 Asus Strix GTX980 can´t offer me +-100 stable fps on this display playing battlefied 4 on ultra, i was wondering if all i need now is get other Strix 980 and i´m good to go. My gaming rig atm is:

Corsair Carbide Air 540
Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Intel Core I5-4690K @ 4.5GHz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo @ 2 x Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition High Airflow
4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600Mhz CAS9 1.5V
Asus GeForce GTX980 STRIX DirectCU II OC 4GB
Samsung Evo 840 SSD 240GB
Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB
WD 3TB Green
XFX XTR Series 650W 80 PLUS GOLD

Now if the gtx980 sli solve my problem will my psu handle all this? Can i solve my "problem" by upgrading/tweaking other components besides going sli? Already OC my cpu to 4.5ghz can´t go 4.6ghz bcoz on the stress test with aida 30min and everything is alright but my bf4 crash after 10min (temperatures are fine 59c max but bf4 just crash), dunno if i can get any benefit on this getting faster ram. Already googled a lot saw some sli benchmarks gtx980 sli on bf4 but mostly 1080p resolution and i want to take full enjoy of my monitor at 1440p ..... thx in advance for your help and i´m open to any sugestions to make my rig better, i use my rig only for games mostly Battlefield 3 & 4, Diablo III and Titanfall.

Cheers

Daddy
15 REPLIES 15

Nate152
Hello Daddy arcanjo

Another gtx980 should put you over 100+ frames per second and yeah you'd have to upgrade your power supply to at least an 850 watt unit.

Can I ask how many frames per second you're getting with one gtx 980?

Hey Nate !!

Thz for the reply

Well Ultra Settings 1440p (4 x MSAA & AA High & Ambient Occlusion HBAO) on BF4 64 players server(Siege of shangai) i have around 65 fps, some minor maps i can get stable 80 fps.

I will get a 850w psu (probably enermax???), get faster ram aswell (probably gskill 2400mhz????) and will change aswell cpu cooler going for the first time to WC(no costum just a kit corsair h100i????), next month i will get my second GPU. Meanwhile i will OC my gpu a bit and see if i can get any extra fps with a stable system.

Greetings from Portugal

Cheers

Daddy arcanjo wrote:
Hey Nate !!

Thz for the reply

Well Ultra Settings 1440p (4 x MSAA & AA High & Ambient Occlusion HBAO) on BF4 64 players server(Siege of shangai) i have around 65 fps, some minor maps i can get stable 80 fps.

I will get a 850w psu (probably enermax???), get faster ram aswell (probably gskill 2400mhz????) and will change aswell cpu cooler going for the first time to WC(no costum just a kit corsair h100i????), next month i will get my second GPU. Meanwhile i will OC my gpu a bit and see if i can get any extra fps with a stable system.

Greetings from Portugal

Cheers

May I ask why you want to go above 100 FPS? 65 FPS at those settings is actually really good!

Just curious is all.
Hi, I have now retired from ASUS support, please refer problems to current @ASUS/cl- usernames.

Indeed i got fluid gameplay but in my mind to get full enjoy of the 1440p@144hz plus g-sync i need at least more then 100fps ... or am i wrong??

I am pleased already just the fact i changed from an Asus GTX770 on a 60hz monitor i do see a lot of improving but honestly i demand a bit more from the Asus Rog Swift monitor and the price it cost me.

cheers

daddy

Daddy_arcanjo
Level 7
I was thinking next step sli 850w psu it´s ok but now i am wondering maybe i should go to some future proof stuff who knows if i´ll get a 3rd GPU any day, maybe geting a +1000w it´s the wise choice???

Another thing i am a noob at it´s the video settings on bf4 do i really need antialiasing stuff on with the g-sync active???? Can i get extra fps disabling it??? I did follow a thread on this forum and i already put my nvidia control panel settings like you advised another user.

cheers

Nate152
Disabling Antialiasing will give you more frames per second.

if you want to add a third gtx 980 you will want a 1200w psu. Seasonic and EVGA supernovas are high quality psu's, those would be the brands to look at. G.Skill Trident x 2400MHz is the ram I would recommend for you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231589

The corsair h100i is a good all in one liquid cpu cooler, here are some other good all in one coolers

http://www.amazon.com/Swiftech-H220-X-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/dp/B00ORWL3WG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423842...

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Nepton-280L-All-/dp/B00HEYRS5K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423842445...

Since you have the ROG swift do not enable v-sync. You want to use G-sync and I'm not sure if there is anything special you have to do to enable it.

Nate152 wrote:

Since you have the ROG swift do not enable v-sync. You want to use G-sync and I'm not sure if there is anything special you have to do to enable it.

I think i do have v-sync enable on the nvidia setting will check it as soon as i get home. About the g-syng there´s an option to activate it on nvidia cp and yes i do have it enabled.

About the PSU i will get one of those after a research that i always do before buy anything related to my pc if they are equal i will choose by coin toss :D, The RAM i will get G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2x8GB 2400MHz CAS10 1.65v .

Thx again for the time you spent helping me

Cheers

Mark3
Level 8
No, you are right. Might as well match all the FPS Refresh rates etc. Thank you for answering.
Hi, I have now retired from ASUS support, please refer problems to current @ASUS/cl- usernames.

Daddy_arcanjo
Level 7
Hummm after change MSAA & AA & Ambient Occlusion all to off and a bit of OC in the GPU i manage to get 130fps and stable, now i am pleased the game is so smooth i love this monitor !