cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW clean install win 7 (preloaded with win 7)

jowens1126
Level 7
THis laptop is so infected with virus's that I need to do a clean install of win7. I have done it before when it crashed, it rebooted into a screen that started the fresh install on its own.

My question is, how do I get to start a fresh install manually?
4 REPLIES 4

jowens1126
Level 7
if this helps,

Its a G75VW-BBK5

jowens1126
Level 7
hopefully someone will chime in on the answer to this. I didnt realize this was such a slow forum. Most of the others I am on you would have 10 answers by now. So Im patiently waiting for help. 🙂

moonwatcher99
Level 7
I'm by no means an expert, but when I did my install, I didn't want to mess with the BIOS, so I powered down, started the laptop, and hit esc as soon as the ROG logo started. Either that or f2 is supposed to let you select boot options, and I selected disc drive to continue. (Or usb, if that's what you're using.) Does that work for you?

jowens1126
Level 7
I was trying to access the backup/restore drive copy of windows so that it would install from that, as opposed to using a usb stick. But I got around it by downloading the Windows 10 Technical Preview and I installed it from a USB Stick. Wow, I love it. So much better than 8 or 8.1. Cant wait for the free upgrade.