cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange sound issue - ASUS G750JS

Xonaiya
Level 7
bought this model a couple of days ago. happened to get a defective one out of the box (bad crackling sound, trackpad malfunction, charger cord malfunction) and exchanged it for this new one. most problems were resolved except for one:

the sound would have normal playback, but when YouTube or any audio player were paused for 5 seconds or longer, and unpaused again, the sound would "jump" in volume. when i used fn+volume dial commands, it would return to normal volume (turning it up made it go back to being quieter, albeit louder than before it was paused).
while all the other issues were resolved, this one pops up under identical circumstances in both systems without anything else but a windows update being completed. this does not strike me as a coincidence.

is this an outdated driver? maybe a setting i'm missing? any help?

EDIT: i typoed the model number, it's G750JS. i don't know if that matters, but it pays to be thorough.
3 REPLIES 3

code9523
Level 9
Try to reinstall the latest audio driver from asus support for your laptop.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

Xonaiya
Level 7
i reinstalled the drivers; all that did was make it worse. now the sound is extremely low. pausing makes it jump for a second before it goes back down to very quiet again. 😕

Xonaiya wrote:
i reinstalled the drivers; all that did was make it worse. now the sound is extremely low. pausing makes it jump for a second before it goes back down to very quiet again. 😕

1º Download the lastest Asus Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.7541 without sound crackling ! (220Mb): http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... (This is the last version available for G750J)
2º Make sure your Laptop is in Airplane Mode (this prevent Windwos 8.1 for reinstall the new driver during reinstalation of the old driver).
3º Unpack the ZIP file to a temp folder in C:\ (for exmaple Downloads folder).
4º Run the Setup.exe file inside the unpacked folder.
5º Your driver will uninstall the New drivers, after uninstall the setup ask for a reset.
6º After restart of Windows (login in your windows) the Realtek will continue with the setup installing the old driver.
7º When the installation complete, need another Reset, let it.
8º When restart complete and you login again in your Windows 8.1, you can see the new icon in the desktop (AudioWizard).
9º Open Search bar and search for Realtek, open the Realtek Audio Admin
10º Check if the Audio Wizzard Launch icon appears in Realtek Audio Admin, Open it and check if MaxxAudio Works. If not works, go back to point 2.
11º If all works and not problems, now open Computer Management (Windows+X), and Device Manager, under Sound, Video and game controllers Right Click on Realtek High Definition Audio, and select Update Drivers, Select Automatic. Windows 10 begins to download the new driver, after complete and installed, restart your Computer.
12º Now... you have MaxxAudio and lastest Realtek Audio Drivers with DirectX12.

This works perfectly !

Thanks to aframo to get the first person to get this working!