cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GPU tweek for laptops does not...

matau
Level 9
...show my gpu/cpu fan speed.

Also it seems when i tick "Run GPU fan at full speed" it does not work as well.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix that?
18 REPLIES 18

MatG
Level 9
GPU Tweak is not made for Laptops, as far as i know.
You can install it, but not tweak anything og adjust fanspeed. Something about the GPU on Laptops being locked.

You can't even adjust fanspeed with Nvidia Inspector or RivaTuner, at least not on the 780M GPU

BIOHAZARD9519
Level 7
That is very strange. This is the same GPU Tweak I have one my 870m model and it shows fan speed.

BVr77
Level 7
@MatG there is 2 versions for GPU Tweak this one is for Laptop.

@matau, my version (1.09) is a little bit different: it says "GPU Overclock" and not "GPU Clock (Mhz)"
and work fine.

hmscott
Level 12
Guys, GPU Tweak comes in 2 versions, one for Optimus laptops - the Laptop version - and the one for Graphics cards that also works for ROG laptops without Optimus.

I wrote this up a while ago, links to both version support areas and discussion on which version works on which laptops.

Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops vs Asus GPU Tweak for Graphics Cards
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?45644-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Laptops-vs-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Gra...

If you install the wrong version of GPU Tweak on your laptop it won't function correctly.

I have been told that on the Optimus laptops sometimes you need to wake up the Nvidia GPU - run something that renders on it - before monitoring software will see the Nvidia GPU.

matau
Level 9
I am with asus rog g750js, the laptop version of the program should work. I just installed the 1.09 and nothing happens again.

I don't see the speed on my fans and also the option "run fan at full speed, does not work" 😞

I tried the other program just in case but it did not recognize my GPU or atleast does not show it in the upper-right part in the red bar.

Also i notice something weird, i can't open the program by double clicking on the taskbar icon, i need to press the right button over the icon and press "open" to open the gpu tweek for laptops.

matau wrote:
I am with asus rog g750js, the laptop version of the program should work. I just installed the 1.09 and nothing happens again
I don't see the speed on my fans and also the option "run fan at full speed, does not work" 😞
I tried the other program just in case but it did not recognize my GPU or atleast does not show it in the upper-right part in the red bar.
Also i notice something weird, i can't open the program by double clicking on the taskbar icon, i need to press the right button over the icon and press "open" to open the gpu tweek for laptops.

matau, can you feel the GPU fan exhaust coming out under load? Which version of the Nvidia/Intel drivers are you running? You might try dropping down a version, there are weird things happening with 347.52, try 344.75 or 344.80.

You should be seeing a reading 🙂

If nothing helps, file a Technical Inquiry with Asus to debug the problem, you may need to RMA for a GPU sensors issue.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry and ask for help fixing the problem - RMA to repair.

Please come back and let us know how it works out 🙂

hmscott wrote:
matau, can you feel the GPU fan exhaust coming out under load? Which version of the Nvidia/Intel drivers are you running? You might try dropping down a version, there are weird things happening with 347.52, try 344.75 or 344.80.

You should be seeing a reading 🙂

If nothing helps, file a Technical Inquiry with Asus to debug the problem, you may need to RMA for a GPU sensors issue.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry and ask for help fixing the problem - RMA to repair.

Please come back and let us know how it works out 🙂

Hello mate, what is RMA?

Also i am using with latest nvidia drivers.

My both fans are working normally. When i am in game both make sound, temperatures are like 75-80 at 98% usage

GottiBoi55 wrote:

Try uninstalling the GPU Tweak App for Laptops (Then restart Windows), then reinstalling the App (Then restart Windows).

I tried this one, actually i always try it when i have software problem 🙂 unfortunately did not helped me.

Also is it normal to not be able to open the program with double click on the taskbar icon?

I need each time to right click on it and select "open".

matau wrote:
Hello mate, what is RMA?
Also i am using with latest nvidia drivers.
Also is it normal to not be able to open the program with double click on the taskbar icon?
I need each time to right click on it and select "open".

matau, RMA is "Return Material Authorization" - you file a Technical Inquiry to start a communications exchange with Asus that results in you returning the device for repair. The Technical Inquiry is a form that you fill out stating the details of the problem you are experiencing, and what you did to try to fix it on your own, but you couldn't fix it - and you think it is a hardware problem, please help me debug it. This may result in Asus authorizing a return for repair for your laptop.

If you are using the latest Nvidia drivers, you can try backing up a couple of revisions to 344.75 and see if the readings come back. If not, then you can let Asus know you tried to change the Nvidia (maybe even the Intel) drivers as a software solution to getting the readings and it didn't help. Asus may ask you to do other changes to fix the problem with software before deciding it is a hardware problem. F9 reset of the OS to the out of the box configuration might be one of those requests.

Left button mouse double-clicking works to bring up the Asus GPU Tweak for Graphics cards app from the systray, but other systray apps don't respond to left button double clicks and only show a menu when Right clicked, and then you select the option to run. It is possible the Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops may not respond to Left Double Click and only responds to Right click.

It's good to hear your fans are working, and it is likely there is nothing wrong with the function of the laptop, except for the sensors - and maybe not even those - there might be some other software involved keeping the sensor readings from working, again, try an earlier Nvidia driver.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
matau wrote:
...show my gpu/cpu fan speed.

Also it seems when i tick "Run GPU fan at full speed" it does not work as well.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix that?

Try uninstalling the GPU Tweak App for Laptops (Then restart Windows), then reinstalling the App (Then restart Windows).
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"