cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Strix control software v1.05 (Win8.1)

daxliniere
Level 7
Hi guys,
Short introduction: I've been a software beta tester since 2008 and have worked for over 40 software developers. Besides audio quality (I'm a professional music producer), my penchant is UI/UX.
I have a list of suggested changes for the Strix control software which would bring about great improvements:

1) The textboxes showing what each macro key is bound to are too small to show many common combinations of keys. For example Left Shift + Right Ctrl + B only shows "Left Shift + Right Ctrl +...".

2) When you click on that textbox to see what the hidden characters are, the Button Settings window is blank doesn't show the currently assigned button settings.

3) It would be very useful if you could name each macro key. Part of the value of macro keys is having to remember long key combinations. Since we currently cant' name anything except recorded macros, there is no way to 'look-up' which macro key does what.
Allowing users to create 'friendly names' for all macro keys would be very useful.

4) It would be great if the "Playback Function" combobox for macros was pre-populated with "Play Once" by default. Currently it is blank, but blank is not a valid option.

5) The tab-heading artwork for the 'Keyboard' and 'Macro' pages should be changed so it's more obvious that they are accessible pages. Simple underlined text makes it seem like a webpage from the 90s. 🙂

6) There doesn't seem to be a way to download the configuration from a keyboard in hardware mode back to the computer.
Is this something that could be added? Personally speaking, this would be low priority for me, but perhaps useful in some situations.

7) The UI cannot be moved to a second monitor. When you release the mouse button with any part of the GUI on another monitor, the window snaps back to the centre of the main display. Not a huge bug, but nonetheless worth mentioning.

If you would like further clarification of any points (screenshots/screencasts can be supplied).

Best regards,
Dax Liniere.
1 REPLY 1

daxliniere
Level 7
Bump.

If bumps are not socially acceptable on this board, please let me know how I can bring this to the attention of the ASUS tech team.
All the best,
Dax.