cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Webcam Driver

JRd1st
Level 12
Did anyone here install a driver for their G74SX or is it just the generic MS driver.

OR, if you haven't done a clean install yet, could you check what driver is installed in Device Manager >> Imaging Devices >> Camera name (whatever it is) >> Right Click, Properties, Driver
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com
7 REPLIES 7

ricksaint
Level 8
Both before and after my clean install, it's a generic Microsoft driver that has been installed. I have searched but couldn't find a better one.
Driver version: 6.1.7601.17514
Driver date: 21/06/2006
Asus G74SX-DH73-3D, Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM, Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit - 14gb of RAM,
Clean install on 128gb Crucial M4 SSD + 750gb WD 7200 rpm HDD for storage,
Blu-ray™ ROM/DVD±RW combo drive, 3 GB (dedicated) NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 560M graphics, driver v. 285.62, 3D Capable.
BIOS ver 203

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Yeah, it always uses the generic MS driver.

Thanks guys.

BrodyBoy wrote:
Yeah, it always uses the generic MS driver.

Wow, what a waste, ASUS has about 18 folders full of Webcam drivers . . . 😛
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

They have folders full of everything there! lol! They really ought to pay a guy some weekend overtime to just go through and junk all the old stuff. I realize that site isn't meant for the general public, but since they don't bother to update the product pages, we're kind of stuck using it. The least they could do is try to make it a little more navigable.

(Apparently there are some models that do have specific webcam hardware and drivers available. I think some N73s do...and they provide "Azureware" drivers for it. I believe mine's just generic though. Don't really care....I never use webcams.)

BrodyBoy wrote:
...I never use webcams.)

Here's a good use for a laptop webcam: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/laptop_thief_caught_webcam?asid=c14ca024
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Gotta love stupid criminal stories!! 🙂

JRd1st wrote:
Thanks guys.

Wow, what a waste, ASUS has about 18 folders full of Webcam drivers . . . 😛

you're absolutely right!