cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS multiple recovery partitions help!

UberOriginal
Level 7
Long story short. k55a-si50301p Winning. Regular updates including drivers. Install Windows 8.1 Pro Pack. 1year+. KB3000850 Fail. OS is corrupted. Used Microsoft created recovery media. I am up and running, but I very much would like to restore from the factory recovery partitions if possible, I just want all the stock software, (unless there is an absolute logical reson I should not). As it stands my Windows is not activated and it is driving me crazy. Asus backtracker wont work because my system now does not have the necessary Asus configuration files to launch. I am in desperate need of having my baby back up and in 100% lean working order.

I would like to restore windows 8 from my recovery partition with all software. I would like to find out how to find the OEM Windows product key of my machine so I may store it for my records. I would like to know how I can make a "complete" backup so that if I decide I want to go to solid state or something corrupts again I can re install.

I am a very simple man trying to do complex things. I know this. Any kind experience would be greatly appreciated.

-JC

Bios version: 407
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory amount in GB: 8
GPU: Intel Graphics HD 4000
SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: 443GB
AC Adapter: original ASUS adapter
Operating system: Win8.1 64-bit Pro
Original ASUS factory image or clean install? Via Microsoft Media Creation tool.
Microsoft Activated yes/no? No
Drivers Installed: The latest
Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: No
System Overclocked (provide details)? No
Any hardware upgraded? Memory, PNY MN8192SD3-1600
1 REPLY 1

UberOriginal
Level 7
Someone has to have seen this before. do I copy the partitions to other media, is that even possible??