New ROGer Array

Swift Undocumented Incompatibility with GTX 690

I had these three problems with my PG278Q connected to a GTX 690--

-Monitor would show "no signal" on first computer power-on. Even unplugging the monitor from the wall and the computer would not fix it. The two fixes that worked were: -Rebooting the computer with the power button -or Turning the monitor on, waiting until it displayed "no signal", and only then turning on the computer.
    -Extreme Flickering

-Monitor would flash black for a second, then come back blurry

All of the problems went away entirely when I swapped out the GTX 690 for a GTX 980. The GTX 690 works perfectly fine with all of my other monitors, but ****s itself when connected to the PG278Q. It really is a shame to have to spend $550 to "side grade" to a similarly performing graphics card, so that my $750 ASUS monitor will work properly.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 20150203_073252.jpg  

Last edited by sparkplug188; 02-15-2015 at 08:17 PM.

New ROGer Array

There has been no response from Asus since posting this over a week ago. I wonder how many perfectly good monitors have been RMAed multiple times because of this issue. Is Asus even looking into this incompatibility? Does Asus care?
    Last edited by sparkplug188; 02-24-2015 at 01:46 AM.

ROG Member Array

My Swift worked perfectly fine on my GTX690. I have a 980 now too, behavior was the same on both cards. Also both problems you had (flickering and text blur thing) have been documented issues with the Swift on multiple different cards. It's a problem with the monitor and not the GPU being used. It's happened to me on my 980 and then randomly went away (the text blur thing).

The monitor has tons of issues ASUS refuses to address.
    Last edited by Denial; 02-25-2015 at 07:35 PM.

New ROGer Array

Ever since "sidegrading" to the EVGA GTX980, I have not had a single problem with blur, flicker, and not turning on. Needless to say, I bought an EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked instead of an Asus GTX 980.

I am very disappointed by the lack of communication coming from Asus and their disinterested attitude towards customers. It is abundantly clear, Asus does not care.
    Last edited by sparkplug188; 02-26-2015 at 01:34 AM.