Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

ROG Member Array

This is really weird. I have Avast installed and i have had 0 problems with it.

ROG Member Array

t3nch0 do you have g751jt also? and how many devices do you have that have avast installed? i think this is caused by having multiple avast devices, because avast has profiles now and having the same profile on all devices leads to this issue but im no avast expert all i know is that avast is a good antivirus been using them since for a long time but i have proven that it is the cause of the download issues im having, its messing up my ei chrome and even ge force experience but it does not affect my steam or bnet, infact i was able to buy and install a game from steam evolve with no problems this is why im planing to do a clean install and maybe make a new profile on avast and test it out

ROG Enthusiast Array

the new avast has lot of issues even with paid versions.. i used avast since avast 4.. and avast 5 is the most ok, i think.. but since avast doesn't support old version, after the upgrade all went nuts.. most of the installers, browsers and games i played always has the problem with avast running on background, so whenever i play Planetside 2 or any other games, i always disable avast. too bad avast is becoming a bloatware now, im now looking for a better alternative AV, which is more Lighter and as effective as the previous versions of avst

ROG Member Array

did some quick research on the web for a good AV for windows 8.1 and no free AV is good now they all have a mid range score it really depends on who is using the computer and how you use it. any way i switch to avg and all my issues are gon even the stupid ssl error is gone, apparently is has something to do with the active shield it messes up the certificates of every thing unless you install the avast plugin for chrome and always use the secure search function any way, on a side note how do i uninstall the asus web storage app it keeps on popping and i dont realy use it i tried to uninstall it but its still their??

ROG Enthusiast Array xdr PC Specs
    xdr PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JY
    MotherboardM.2 slot
    Memory (part number)32 gigs
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980m
    Storage #1M.2 SSD 256 + Samsung 850 1 Tb
    Storage #2Plain ol' 1 Tb HDD
    Mouse G700s
    Headset DT700Pro
    OS Win10 x64 SL
    Network RouterAsus RT-66AC

I wrote about this a while back. Asus Gamefirst is the culprit. Uninstall it and enjoy.

ROG Member Array

i check on my program files and i dont have gamefirst installed i dont think its bundled with my unit

ROG Member Array

I got tired of the ASUS web storage popup too. I don't know if this is the "best" way but I just disabled the "ASUS Webstorage Windows Service" and the problem went away. I typed, services.msc in the run box, found the Webstorage service and manually stopped it. Then I right clicked on the service and selected "properties". Then I changed the startup type to "Disabled" and clicked Apply and OK. For me, this stopped the constant Webstorage popup.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
    I got tired of the ASUS web storage popup too. I don't know if this is the "best" way but I just disabled the "ASUS Webstorage Windows Service" and the problem went away. I typed, services.msc in the run box, found the Webstorage service and manually stopped it. Then I right clicked on the service and selected "properties". Then I changed the startup type to "Disabled" and clicked Apply and OK. For me, this stopped the constant Webstorage popup.
    Hi, you don't have to uninstall it, you just have to disable all web storage features.. i forgot how i disabled mine, cause its the first thing that bother me, so i have done it long time ago (on sytray you can right click and see the settings)

ROG Member Array

Yeah, I didn't uninstall it either. On the system tray, I found an option to "Close Free Storage Reminder" but clicking that didn't stop the annoying popup. I also didn't see an option for disabling it by right clicking then choosing "Settings".

Disabling the service, prevents it from loading when windows starts.
    Last edited by jeffh; 02-17-2015 at 03:02 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2