cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dust trapped behind monitor?

Alexeon
Level 7
So, a few months ago, I noticed that there was a small smudge of dirt on the screen of my G75VW that would not come off no matter how much alcohol I used or how I rubbed my fingers against it. I think either the monitor has some damage there or there is some dirt behind the glass or something. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know how to open the monitor area and maybe clean behind there with either alcohol or compressed air? I took a photo of the issue with my phone, but it doesn't really show up very well. Its a bit visible and I circled it in red.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

CuriouS
Level 7
Alexeon wrote:
So, a few months ago, I noticed that there was a small smudge of dirt on the screen of my G75VW that would not come off no matter how much alcohol I used or how I rubbed my fingers against it. I think either the monitor has some damage there or there is some dirt behind the glass or something. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know how to open the monitor area and maybe clean behind there with either alcohol or compressed air? I took a photo of the issue with my phone, but it doesn't really show up very well. Its a bit visible and I circled it in red.

Thanks.

I have the same issue right now in roughly the same area. I thought there were dead pixels at first, but it looks too brown-ish.

Alexeon
Level 7
Yeah, I thought they might be dead pixels too, but it looks more like dirt than a dead pixel.