cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System turns back on after shutdown ?

LiveOrDie
Level 11
I've had this happen around 3 times in the past 4 months has any one else had this problem, ill shut my system down after a day of running then went to bed and around 10minutes later i see it power its self up like WTF haha.
16 REPLIES 16

Chino
Level 15

SB_NL_
Level 9
1. You are sure no Wake On LAN/USB/PCI is activated?
2. It is completely powered down and not hibernating or in sleep mode, so backup/virusscan kind of programs can wake up your PC to perform a programmed task?

'SB[NL wrote:
;476916']1. You are sure no Wake On LAN/USB/PCI is activated?
2. It is completely powered down and not hibernating or in sleep mode, so backup/virusscan kind of programs can wake up your PC to perform a programmed task?

I can recall other people talking about this issue but i also thought it wasn't related to the board, I haven't changed any settings or installed any AV programs the system powers down fine 99.9% of the time so its can't be related to that.

Cywok
Level 8
I have experienced the same issue recently. The problem I believe was due to the connector on the back of the OC Panel being not fully seated. Once I pushed it in to ensure a tight connection, I have not experienced the problem anymore although I am still monitoring the situation to see if this is the true root cause. The loose OC panel connection also caused booting issues as well. Possibly this is your issue as well.

AdamC
Level 10
I have this problem consistently. Last Saturday after hours of gaming I shut my machine down by using Windows button. I knew the machine has a tendency of turning itself back on so I waited. Yup it turned itself back on immediately. So this time I used the power button on the machine. It shut down and powered back on again. I tried again by holding down the button for a few seconds. It still shut down and powered back on again. At last I used the button on the power supply and went to bed.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
To think of it its only has happened after I've powered down the system after long hours of being on over the weekend both time Saturday night early Sunday morning , it hasn't had the problem after being turned off after being used after work which is under 10 hours run time.

d3a7hpa1n
Level 9
Hi, same bug here with bios 1103, when i shutdown, suspend or hibernate, system power its self up.

Onimax
Level 8
Hey there,

I've had the problem with 1001 twice. In both cases the system came back up on it's own during the night, but only if I did a windows update ("Update and shutdown") before.
With 1103 however it seems this is no longer happening - at least for me.

d3a7hpa1n
Level 9
Same bug with 1201 bios,
what i found is when i'm unplugged the rj45 cable, my pc won't power its self up !