cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rampage v extreme x99 bios bug

bullzay73
Level 7
HELLO THERE . i got an Asus rampage v extreme and i got a problem, when i turn on the computer it stucks on the windows logo screen for about 30 to 40 seconds and show me message(overclocking failed please press F1 to enter bios)so i enter BIOS setup swap from XMP mode to stock(if xmp is on) and and vise versa(if xmp is off) to boot successfully, and that happens every time i turn it on, reboot it or recover from sleep mode. and even when i turned XMP profile on and off, loaded optimized bios settings and installed last bios version but still the same problem, and one more thing the CPU is always running at 3.7GHz even when i'm not running anything, i need help please, this build cost me a lot of money and i'm not enjoying it because of this problem, please help.

THIS IS MY SETUP

*Hardware/

-Cpu; Intel® Core™ i7-5930K Processor
(15M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz)
-Motherboard; Asus Rampage v Extreme x99 LGA 2011-V3
-Ram; Corsair Platinum 16gb 2666mhz DDR4
-Psu; Corsair AX1500I (1500W)
-Case; Corsair 900D Obsidian
-Sound Card; Asus Xonar Phoebus 7.1
-Controle fan; Asus Rog Front Base Panel
-Monitor; Asus Rog Swift pg278q Gsync
-Ssd; Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB ( X2 )
-Hdd; Western Digital Black 1TB ( X2)
Western Digital Black 320GB (Backup System Windows)
-Gpu; R9 290 TriX ( just for the moment waiting for gtx 980ti 8 for 2 way sli and water cooling them)
-Fans; Corsair Sp120 Quite edition (x7)
Corsair Af120 Quite edition (x3)
Corsair Af140 Quite edition (x1)
-Thermal Paste; Arctic MX-4
-Thermal Cleaning ; Arctic Kit

*Water Cooling/

-RAD 1; Ekwb XTX Coolstream 480mm
-RAD 2; Ekwb XTX Coolstream 360mm
-Reservoirs ; koolance 471ml ( X2 )
-Pmp; koolance 450 High Flow ( X2)
-Ridgid tubing; EkWB HD 12/16mm ( 4m)
-Fittings: EKWB HDC 12/16mm ( X16)
-Valve; Bitspower Mini Valve (X2)
-Rotary Fittings; Ekwb 90 Degree (X10)
-Distiled water ; Mayhames Ultra Pure H20 (5L)
-Cleaning System and Rads; Mayhames Blitz Pro
-Dye; Mayhames Deep Red Dyes 15ml
-Bioacide; Mayhames Extreme Biocide 15ml
-Cpu block; EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel
-Motherboard block; EK-FB KIT ASUS R5E - Acetal+Nickel (Original CSQ)
-EK-HD Tube D.I.Y. Kit 10&12mm
-127 Inner-Outer Reamer
-Ekwb Fc Bridge
-Gpus Block; When They Come out Gtx 980Ti 8gb With Backplate Sli (X2)

*Prepherials ;

-Mouse; Razer Naga Epic Chroma
-Keyboard ; Razer Blackwidow Chroma
-Mouse pad; Razer Vespula
-Joystick; Razer Sabertooth
-Headset; Seinnheiser G4me Zero
-Speakers ; Logitech Z906 5.1 (on the way )
-Webcam; Logitech C930e Full HD 1080p
-Evga Sli Bridge
-External HDD Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB 3.0 USB
-Headset Stand Turtle Beach

*Software;

-System; Windows 8.1 Pro 64bits full Version Original Key
-Antivirus; Kaspersky Pure 3.0 Full Version
15 REPLIES 15

AdamC
Level 10
It isn't called bug. It is just that you will have to work on the bios settings. The top of this forum, those sticky threads are good to get you started.

Chino
Level 15
bullzay73 wrote:

-External HDD Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB 3.0 USB

Is that HDD always connected to your system? If so, try disconnecting it to see if that solves your issue.

yes i ve try to disconected it works but still slow in booting and cpu usage always at 3.7ghz

bullzay73 wrote:
yes i ve try to disconected it works but still slow in booting and cpu usage always at 3.7ghz

Then your External HDD was the caus of your problem. It's pretty common. It's known fact that some legacy USB devices don't play nice with the X99 platform. You will need to find a firmware upgrade for them. If no firmware upgrade is available, you can disable xHCI in the BIOS.

As for the CPU usage being at 3.7GHz, have you touched any of the BIOS settings? If so, which options did you modify?

Chino wrote:
Then your External HDD was the caus of your problem. It's pretty common. It's known fact that some legacy USB devices don't play nice with the X99 platform. You will need to find a firmware upgrade for them. If no firmware upgrade is available, you can disable xHCI in the BIOS.

As for the CPU usage being at 3.7GHz, have you touched any of the BIOS settings? If so, which options did you modify?

Check the power option in control panel if you have anable hight performance

SharPPP wrote:
Check the power option in control panel if you have anable hight performance

yessssssssss mate power option was in high performance i switch it to recommended now the freq change it to normal 1.5 2.2 it only goes up when he need so now my last prob is when open the task manager in boot time it keeps show me the last boot time in bios 18.9 sec and sometimes more than that 1079 sec but in real time no my rig boot so fast any help ??
and thx a lot for ur help i appreciated

bullzay73 wrote:
yessssssssss mate power option was in high performance i switch it to recommended now the freq change it to normal 1.5 2.2 it only goes up when he need so now my last prob is when open the task manager in boot time it keeps show me the last boot time in bios 18.9 sec and sometimes more than that 1079 sec but in real time no my rig boot so fast any help ??
and thx a lot for ur help i appreciated

Bios version?

SharPPP wrote:
Bios version?

1103 the last one

SharPPP wrote:
Bios version?

1103 the last one