cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about ASUS PG27AQ and ASUS PG278Q

Revan654
Level 7
I'm interested in getting either ASUS PG27AQ (4k) or ASUS PG278Q (1440p) monitor before the end of the year.

my usage: I do some gaming nothing super hardcore, Watching Blu-Ray and video editing.

My main question is I keep hearing people throwing around TN and IPS panels. IPS is suppose to superior, will I see a difference between the ASUS PG27AQ and ASUS PG278Q. ASUS PG278Q from what I heard uses a TN.

Second question since ASUS PG278AQ only goes upto 60hz is the additional hz worth it? I would prefer better coloring and picture over a higher refresh rate I believe.

btw, has their been a release date or price details for ASUS PG27AQ yet? Is it stated for 2015?

- Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

rochyroch
Level 7
You almost answer your own question 🙂

If you prefer better colour, picture quality & viewing angles & your not a hardcore gamer i'd wait and get the PG27AQ with the IPS panel.
A higher hz is nice but for your needs i wouldn't worry about it too much.

rochyroch wrote:

If you prefer better colour, picture quality & viewing angles & your not a hardcore gamer i'd wait and get the PG27AQ with the IPS panel.

Have to agree - 4k would be the best for video and editing

rochyroch wrote:

Had to get a second opinion. Just hope the monitor is reasonable priced.