cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Installing WIndows UEFI Mode!!!!! URGENT!!!

Radeson
Level 7
Hello,

I just received a replacement board from newegg. I am trying to install windows via UEFI mode for the first time. I have CSM disables ( I had it enabled with all the options "UEFI first" but that didnt work either.)

I have UEFI prefixed DVD RAM selected and I followed the instructions to a 't' from the tutorial on this forum. I got it to say "press any key to boot from CD" then it loads and says detecting hardware or something theni get the white and black windows boot mngr screen. It says windows failed to load, a recent change in hardware might be why YADA YADA. AHHHH Please help. I so desperately want to get thisrunning, but i want to do it right...Please hurry
10 REPLIES 10

Saltgrass
Level 13
Are you using a 64 bit version of Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1 or 10?

You can Disable the CSM if you are using Windows 8 or Later. Windows 7 needs it enabled.

Where did the install media come from? Did you burn an .iso as an image to the DVD?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

I am Using OEM version of 64 bit windows 8.1 (NOT pro) and i tried disabling csm and it didnt recognize my video card. I had to enable csm and enable UEFI and Legacy boot drivers. That was how I just got it to boot to windows install.

BUT NOW!!! It wont let me install to the RAID 0 drive I just made in IRST in BIOS. I tried the DIskpart clean method twice and tried three disk raid 0 and 4 disk raid 0. I also loaded the drivers like 4 different times. I got the drivers from asus website. I also JUST tried the drivers from the INTEL website.

Look:

Mark3
Level 8
Did you load the RAID drivers as seen on page 5-8 of the user manual?

Hi, I have now retired from ASUS support, please refer problems to current @ASUS/cl- usernames.

no, but i got the same exact drivers off of the website. I dont think there is any difference is there???

Mark3
Level 8
What driver did you install from the website? May I have the version number please?

Try this:

1. Remove all the drives except the boot drive.
2. Install the RAID drivers using the Windows installation page and install Windows.
3. Install your drives back into the computer using the Intel RED ports.
4. Next, go into the BIOS, use optimized settings, and select RAID mode.
5. Enter the RAID setup, and configure the drives in RAID 0 as you typically would.
6. Reboot and everything should be ready to go.
Hi, I have now retired from ASUS support, please refer problems to current @ASUS/cl- usernames.

Saltgrass
Level 13
You don't need to install any RAID drivers prior to installing the OS.

If you created the RAID array and rebooted into the Windows 8.1 install media, it should work fine.

As Mark mentions, removing other drives will help. Since you are showing a drive listed with a partition and "System" it is probably interfering with the install.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Also just now I just went through like 84 windows updates and It gave ma a boot selection of windows 8.1 on drive 1; windows 8.1 (no drive listed ; and windows 7????

Ive never had windows 7 installed on any disk hooked up right now??? any ideas??? Ive never seen this before. Also, this is my first UEFI install
A

Radeson
Level 7
ahhhh, I never thought of that....

At first I was trying to Put all 4 of my SSD's inRAID0 and create a 100- 120gb partition. Now that all this happened I ended up installing win8 to one ssd drive and i have 3 drives in raid through IRST. Ill bet saltgrass is right about the "system" partition interfering. I didnt think of that.

Now that I think of it, It will be better like this as i can have games and such on my 3-way raid with a smaller risk of losing my OS. I had my old system set up like that..

BTW the driver version was: v13101058