cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 8.1 eufi install

Georgia
Level 7
Hey trying to install win 8.1 to my plextor m.2 256 m6e pic-e drive,but each time I press f8 and select
The UEFI DVD rom drive then hit enter to start the install,it just keeps going back to the bios.
It doesn't matter whether I disable CSM in bios or not it just keeps going back to bios.
Plz help
Thx in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15
Clear your CMOS to put everything back to stock defaults. Then try installing in UEFI again. Does the issue still persist?

Georgia
Level 7
Hey Chino yeah still goes back to the bios.after it says hit any button to DVD rom.

I had the same problem and suggest you the following:
- get yourself a minimum 4GB USB stick
- go to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media
- press 'Create Media' and do as advised there

After the USB image of your version of Windows is created:
- restart the computer and enter UEFI setup (I am assuming that all UEFI settings are correct)
- go to TOOL menu and choose BOOT OVERRIDE
- select your USB stick

The installation should start.

Good luck.

Georgia wrote:
Hey Chino yeah still goes back to the bios.after it says hit any button to DVD rom.

It can be one of the two then your keyboard isnt 100% supported like mine, Or your windows install disk isn't setup for UEFI correctly make sure its a OEM DVD not a hacked image.

Saltgrass
Level 13
Once upon a time, mine would show the "Hit key to boot DVD" and when I did it jumped back to the bios. It was related to the keyboard as mentioned.

I moved my USB keyboard and possibly mouse to a new port and the boot continued normally. Also shutting the system all the way down and then rebooting might help.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Thanks for the help guy's turned out my plextor pa256m6e wasn't formatted to GPT patition,it was set to MBR patiton all sorted and working.
Cheers.

Chino
Level 15