Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG SWIFT flickers and blurry text

makn
Level 7
Hey,

Help needed from Sweden 🙂

Have had my Asus Rog Swift PG278Q for about 1 month now with zero problems.
But yesterday all of a sudden the text gone blurry and the screen flickers in both 120 and 144hz. Although its worse in 144hz. Problems in both games and in windows.

You see How it flickers (pulsating flicker) in the video i did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNuV26S1vH0&list=UU2IqZ9PnGa8MhimLqlln2eA

I tried reinstalling drivers, changing displayport cable, unplugging all cables, G-sync on/off, tried all 3 displayports back on the graphic´s card (Gigabyte gtx 980)
Problems only occur in 120/144hz, not 60hz.

After the night (10min ago) i just started my computer and no problems. No blurry text or flickers in 144hz, but, text is blurry in 120hz now instead. No flickers.

So what should i do? RMA? I guess the problem will occur after playing/using the monitor again. Also as i said, in 120hz the text is all blurry. And that is something i wont accept for a monitor that is this expensive.
3 REPLIES 3

makn
Level 7
Now it has started flicker again..heard that the module gets overheated when running 144hz.
Played Bf4 for about 1h.

ASUS, COME ON. FIX THIS PROBLEM!!

writer21
Level 7
Sorry to hear that but just looking at your video this is what happened to my first unit. Flickered at every refresh rate exactly like that with some blur. Only way to get rid of it for a bit was to use ULMB mode but even then that failed.

You will have to RMA the unit and do it with advanced rma. I sent mines back not knowing Asus procedure with RMA monitors but I was lucky to get a replacement sent back.

You might not be so lucky so go the advanced RMA route.

Nettwerk911
Level 7
Theres no fixing this problem with drivers or cables, the panel has failed. Do an advanced rma and get a fresh monitor.

(mine did the same)